Re: Anyone use the SMS trim kits?

Had new door panels done for my 62 Polara 500 only one that had patterns and agreed to do them said 2 months. I told them that I was not in a hurry, my bad.
Finally got them back 11 months latter. Good work but you pay for it Thanks SMS. If your in a hurry don't call, if you can't find them they can make them just takes awhile.

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:33:57 PM UTC-5, Russell the tire fryer wrote:
SMS does have some great material  thanks to years of Rogers Upholserty in Hazel Dell ,Washington collection. He decided
he was going to retire and SMS paid him payments for almost two years then Roger passed away. They do very nice embroiding too.Since I live close, I visited them personally last year for my first fun experience spending hard earned money on my 62 Dart 440.Not real friendly upon greeting, but figured they were busy.Was told the amount for material, emboses and carpet,$800.00, seems O.K and told about 2 weeks, at 3 weeks I called, they said 4 weeks, at 4 weeks I called and a lady got short with me and said it was standard to wait 8 weeks,at 8 weeks I complained and done at 9 weeks, picked stuff up, all 3 women that worked there were snooty and looked like they hated being there and they forgot the piping. Sounds like I got lucky, not waiting as long as some, probably have to do bussiness with them again because they have rare stuff, it would be nice if they smiled and appreciated the bussiness, Russell the tirefryer -----Original Message-----
  From: Ruth Gordon <kpmv...@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars 1962to19...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, Oct 15, 2012 8:15 pm
Subject: Re: Re: Anyone use the SMS trim kits?

Yes and they wait can sure impact a person's timeline and all. It sounds in your case thay they sent you damaged goods so that raises a quality control question in my mind. Mixed dye lots and water damage are things that if their person inspected the fabric bolts they should have caught. SMS will also do embossing the others won't. Whatever one wants as I was told. That's great they'll do that. I searched for door panels for my 64 440 which do not have carpet on the lower portion. SMS was the only company who has them like that. Legendary doesn't have them for a 440 model that are factory correct. So we're locked in to some degree with SMS! Other wes sites have people who have had incorrect/defective fabric issues and asked anyone local to go there and inspect their order before it gets sent out! I'm thinking having a general list of questions to ask them may be in order. Things such as is my fabric currently in stock and do you have the quantity I need coming off one roll.? Is my fabric old or new - they do make their own stuff in some cases. Is my order coming from same dye lot number?
I don't know if they would physically go check to see that they had the product on have for an order before they took payment but it would sure help to know.
What do you all think about making a questions list a person could have to use in dealing with them when placing an order???? Ruth