Re: Parts to make a Street Wedge FAST!?

Being an owner of a '65 Belvedere I and trying to get just into the 11's while trying to maintain some semblance of stock appearance, you've really got your work cut out for your if you want to maintain a stock appearance and hit low 11's. I'm at 12.16, have about 425-450 HP at the crank and weigh 3750 with me in the seat.

First thing I'd do is get a take that 426W if it is correct and put it in the corner of the garage. These are relatively valuable car/engine combo's so preserve it. It that same light, understand that if you go faster than 11.5, you must install a roll bar to run at any sanctioned drag strip. Last possibly "Permanent" addition is tie the frame together. Big mistake is you don't do that, even in a near 12 flat car.

To make it, you need over 500 horsepower. Get a 440 ($1,500), aluminum heads ($1,200), good compression, maybe 12.5, race gas, correct cam assembly ($500), new pistons ($700), reworked rods & balanced engine & machine work ($750), aftermarket intake ($250), 850 or greater carb ($650), high stall convertor ($759), bullet proof tranny ($2,000 with your core) and the right gears ($500) in the back. Rear springs and all shocks need upgraded ($650). Plus the roll cage and frame connector ($don't know.) My prices are ball park off the top of my feeble brain. I think you can see that $10,000 is a challenge. Might try getting a crate motor from Muscle Motors, etc.

I'm sure others can perfect what I've said.

Akron Don