Re: Welcome new member

Thank you Charlie for your great write-up and I certainly hope you get your beautiful 1965 Satellite 426 Wedge 4-Speed car on the cover soon.

Gary P.

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: Welcome new member

Hello All----I live in Michigan and as far as the parts I have, I collected and parted out hundreds of old Mopars over the last 45 years and kept everything that was good to someday use in restoring these fine old Mopars. However after 27 surgeries I finally had to call it quits on doing complete car restorations. Actually I'm setting here now with over a thousand stitches holding me together after having a major surgery to completely rebuild my stomach muscular structure. This was needed after I got a large inscisional hernia when my stomach came apart where I had already had two previous stomach surgeries. The GOLDEN YEARS my rear end HA! HA! HA! I've been selling off parts for quite awhile now and the phone rings daily with people either looking for parts, wanting their steering wheel restored or asking about the grill, trunk and hood emblems that I reproduce. I make the grill emblems for the 1965 Fury and Sport Fury, the grill emblems for the 1965 Satellite, Belvedere I and Belvedere II, the trunk emblems for the 1965 Coronet 500, the hood and trunk emblems for the 1962 Savoy, Belvedere, Fury and Sport Fury models and a newly designed rocker panel molding clip set to attach the rocker panel moldings to the 1965 Satellites, the original thin crappy metal ones did not survive very well after all of these years and any usable ones are next to impossible to find now. That is why so many 1965 Satellites do not have the rocker panel moldings on them or GOD forbid are held on with sheet metal screws. I'm not likely to expand into making anymore emblems more than I already make due to the high cost to get the injection molds set up. As far as my parts, I have a lot of people ask me for a complete list and that is impossible, due to the fact that I only type with two fingers HA! HA! HA! and during the six months it would take me to type one out a lot of the parts would be gone anyway. I have some 1962, 1963 and 1964 B-body parts still out in the warehouse, but I'm more heavily stocked with 1965 B-body parts especially Belvedere and Satellite parts. That's due to the fact that the last couple of restorations I completed were 1965 Satellites. My own personal show car is a 1965 Satellite 426 Street Wedge 4 Speed car all black inside and out and my hopes are that if I can ever get it to a show where they are, Rob Wolf of Mopar Collectors Guide is interested in using it for a cover car with a full length article on it inside the magazine. So THANK YOU all for the nice welcome and for as long as I can i'll keep working on the smaller parts to try to help everyone out and keep myself involved in this wonderful hobby that I love so much. Take Care, Charlie.