From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mrrodder@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 8:29 AM
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse
Subject: Re: Hard Starting

I agree. Edelbrock carbs are aluminum and in some situations once the
engine is shut down will heat soak enough to boil the fuel and cause
vapor lock.  A good insulator such as a phenolic spacer will generally
solve the problem.

On Mar 1, 5:49 am, Jason Rhoades <Ja...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you gave a good insulator between the carb and intake?  I didnt at
first and boy was it hard to start. Put a spacer in made for insulating the
carb from the heat. Problem solved.  For me may not be the same for you.
> Jason
>
> Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T

having with my Polara.  Actually my buddy is having the same problem too.
 We both have recently rebuilt 440's in our cars.  His a 71 300, mine 65
Polara.  His block is like a 75 mine is a 70.  After driving our cars around
for a bit, we still have to pump the ever living shit outta them to get them
started again.  I got a 750 Eddy on the stock intake which I'm gonna put my
Eddy Torker 2 intake on it this spring.  Why do I have to pump it so much
even when it's warmed up?
> The reason I mentioned my buddy's car is that he also has a 70 Satellite
with the exact same engine, minus the rebuild.  He said he swapped the carbs
between the 300 and the Satellite and it didn't make any difference.  The
Satellite started like it was fuel injected and his 300 you pump the hell
out of it.  So its not a carb problem, as we're both running all fairly new
Eddy 750's on our cars.
> Could it be the ignition system, distributor, bad coil, what?  In my car,
being low mileage rebuild with a mild cam (a couple steps above the stock
cam), it's not a compression issue.  I know it's still about two months away
until the beast is on the road again, but anybody got any ideas for the very
near future.  Thanks in advance.
> Cory Rempel
> 65 Polara  440/727
>
> PS  If anybody's gonna say I should go with a Holley carb, save your
breath.  If I'm going to change the induction system, I'm going to put an
EFI throttle body kit on it when I have saved enough.  Until then I'll stick
with my Edelbrock, thank you.

> --
> --
> --
> Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person --
directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and
negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended
recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using
the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the
content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

> 1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion
Guidelines:http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.htmlandhttp://www.1
962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.