Photos | size and the mail list -- ( was Fw: Re: transgo tf-1 shift kit

Photos | size and the mail list -- ( was Fw: Re: transgo tf-1 shift kit $25 + shipping)

Hi all,

Posting photos is very helpful in some cases but there are a couple tips involved. Some reminders on photos, fyi, are below.

On the sender side:

Many cameras, unfortunately, default to set to take pictures in the highest printer-optimized resolution, which results in HUGE-sized image files. There is a way to reset a camera to take photos in resolution optimized to be attached to emails or posted on a web site, per the 62-65 discussion guidelines. If any one does not know how to do that let me know and I will help. Or look it up in the camera's operating manual.

Another option is to run the large photos you have through a free re-sizer and save them with a new name. Then send the smaller sized photos to the mail list. http://www.webresizer.com/ is one such free service.

Or post the pictures to one of the many free photo hosting web sites like Photobucket and include the link address to the photos instead of the photos themselves.

On the receiver side:

An option, especially for those using dial-up, is to read the 62-65 emails online, bulletin board style. That method means no large files will get downloaded to your computer unless you click on the file and authorize the download.

When you read an email on the 62-65 mail list that has photos attached and reply, take a second to delete these photos in your reply. The photos have already been posted once. Email programs settings give the option to include the photo on a reply or not by default. Or you can manually delete the photos from your reply.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Gary H.
62-65 Admin.