From: "Dave Casey" <dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:12:48 PM
Subject: Re: Wanted: '65 C-body 4 spd. console shifter

I'm inclined to disagree with those pictures. The first one looks like the non-console version made to fit, the second looks correct. Here's a picture from a '65 Polara 426/4spd project car that was on eBay 14 years ago today.
My brother and I each sourced used handles for our conversions. He found his first and did his '65 Belvedere and ended up having to modify the handle (either the shifter bracket was wrong or he actually had a C-body handle).
I did my '65 Polara years later and had to modify as well (either I have the wrong shift bracket, or I actually had a B-body handle). The placement in mine is still less than ideal (have to sit up straight to reach it).

Dave Casey