Re: Hyd valve adjustment

Thanks.  Nice little extra tid-bit of info.

Rich Kinsley

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Michael LeFevre <493mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Rich,
I've found with the cam on base circle you can tighten the adjuster to remove all the slack and then by pushing down or levering down with the rocker arm you can feel the plunger traveling inside the lifter. The lifter must be empty of oil, thus you can feel the return spring.This is the clearance you have to work with. As others have stated the clearance is not too fussy and many shoot for middle of travel. One trick you can use is to adjust the plunger to keep it at the very top of its range. This will allow a couple of hundred more RPM before valve float.
Mike LeFevre