RE: Adjustable Strut Rods

That’s one clean and tough underside on your B-Body Travis!

If I do go adjustable strut rods, it would be the Firm Feels too - since that they take the rubber/poly bushings.

Decided to install the 2pc bushings on the original strut rods and see how that works out first.  Measured my '62 wagons strut rods last night, .72 dia. So the Moog K7039's with .714 ID are correct, and Firm Feel confirmed that.  Will install with the convex side of the washers against bushings, same as your picture shows.

I put the single bullet shaped poly bushings in there from PST, correct for ’62.  But the threads bottom out way before the 40ft lbs of torque specified.  What came out of there was an hour-glass shaped single piece, and actually hollow!

Ric

Moog K7039:

K7039_lg.png