Re: 440 MW CAM AND PISTON CHOICE RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED.....

Re: 440 MW CAM AND PISTON CHOICE RECOMMENDATIONS NEEDED.....

Ralph,,,,,,, as you are hearing there is a ton of answers to your questions, and each is correct as to that persons point of view and as to what they are expecting.  Here are mine.  Definintely CC your set of heads, as any work that has been done on them will change what the stock figured CCs will be including which and how new the valves are, even the valve grind angle  will change it, as well as which head gasket you use.  On the pistons, I myself would go with the pop-up which will match closer to the original max wedge pistons,  Cam profile is not a one choice matter, check out this Racer Brown site, I used his ST-22 in my first build and really liked it for my use, there are also good cams from other venders, I went with comp cams on the second build, it has never been fired so can not give any personal info on it.

and yes you can probably get away with just adding 5 gallon to a tank full with the 11 to 1 CR.  I personally would hold it to a 10 to 1 because of the availability of race gas  should I decide to take the car on a longer trip such as one of the big cruises across the states,,,,,,,, and yes I gave you no answers, only what I would do,,,,,,,,,