Re: Sealing a 440 Mopar Intake Manifold

Thanks for a very comprehensive report Jim.  I followed this thread when first posted as I will be reassembling my  440 when the machinist is done.  I disassembled mine which was necessary due to a broken piston (another long story).  When doing so I noted that when the machinist assembled this engine he did not use any gaskets other than the valley pan itself.  It also appeared to have been sealed with "cement" rather than "sealant".  I guess this just points to the fact that as you said there is more than one way to skin this cat.  I'm using cast iron 906 heads that have not been machined.  Now I have to decide how I'll tackle this project when the time comes.

Paul L.