Re: VIN me, stamp me

I need to fill in the dots in the story.

He allegedly purchased the Dodge in 1968. In 1980, he had rust removal bodywork  done and had the car repainted. When he got the car back the VIN plate was missing. The painter denied removing  it.
A  Colorado investigator examined the car and attached a  Colorado ID number onto the body, near the back of the front seat.  The  Colorado State Police said the VIN could be reconstructed using the numbers on the front radiator brace and the passenger  compartment and rear speaker plate. The  new title he was given has "REBUILT" typed on it. He blew that off, not thinking he would keep the car until 2014. Now he was looking to see if he can find the original VIN stamped on the car's body somewhere. He's like to get the car back to having an original title with the factory VIN, not a "rebuilt" replacement title.

I think he may join this mail list in the future to chime in himself. I hope he does so. :)

Thanks,
Gary H.