Gents, I feel the need to chime in as I can totally relate.  My belief is that tinkering with cars is a hobby, an escape, and perhaps even therapy from the work world where I have to kiss alot of behinds and deal with people that under normal circumstances I would likely not choose to associate.  As such, my rule is that my hobby needs to be fun.  No stress.  No garbage.  No fights.  It's actually the reason - after a full year last year - I made the really difficult decision to drop out of circle track racing.  Too many angry people with attitudes!  Anyway, my belief is the best we can do is start conversations with please, end them with thanks, and if people choose to behave otherwise, so be it.  I refuse to let anyone in my "fun world" get me angry or ruin my day.

Thank you,

Jim

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 12:51:15 PM UTC-4, MO wrote:
Gary and Dodger, I know exactly what you mean. Even us Mopart folks are self
centered and inconsiderate.  And that is why , on not only this, but other
forums, people who offer tech advice. tend to drop out. I can think of Don
D. and several others who seldom post anymore. I think all they expect is a
little respect and a "Thanks for the help"  Thank goodness there are some
folks left that treat  people the way they would want other people to treat
them. .................................MO

{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick1964dodge.shutterfly.com/pictures/5
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary H." <62to6...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to19...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: Not mine 3/24

I understand that situation. I can't tell you how many times I have spent
hours looking up information to help out someone who sent me an email with a
question about their 62-65, then sent them a comprehensive reply, and never
heard a word back.  Or spent time and resources to create a web page on the
site to show off their Mopar and never heard back, or placed an ad on the
swapmeet page for someone and never got the courtesy of a followup email to
let me know to remove the ad after the ad was no longer needed.

So it goes.

I prefer to focus on the many good Mopar people, like Dodger,  that I have
had the opportunity to get to know over the years because of this mail list
and the 62-65 site. I am reminded of an ad that was in the "puzzler" email
yesterday of an example of what I mean:

RE: 1965 Dodge Dart GT - $1300
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4387664974.html
[Good description. "Mopar friends and family" example?]

Thanks,
Gary H.

Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person --
directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and
negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended
recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using
the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the
content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.