Re: carb for poly motor

Brian,

I'm with Jason. At the risk of re-kindling the old Carter vs. Holley war, I think the AFB and AVS, as well as their later Edelbrock kin are simpler and more reliable than an OE Holley.  If you're out to kill a set of timing clocks, that changes things.

There are a number of newcomers to the business, with all kinds of one-off copies, clones, and posers.  I'd hate to be stuck far from home and need a float, gasket, or seal for one of those now or 10-20 years from now - the OE stuff will always be relatively easy to find.

I've shared your experience with the 4160 carbs - I have one I've fitted with a garden hose fitting that I use to water my petunias.

Just my opinion, of course.

SC