If all that happens is that the backup lights don't light anymore and everything else works properly, you're done.  If something else stops working, further troubleshooting/schematic reading is needed.

If ya find that pushbutton controller, Jim, I'll happily pay shipping and a bit for your trouble.  I'm building a stash of those parts to prepare for the inevitable failures.

BC

On 5/4/2014 3:20 PM, Steve Mick wrote:
An ideah that may help you---I think the wire that actuates the back up lights is a ground wire. And I think the switch  to ground it is in the tranny . If that ground wire end is loose and touching metal anywhere, it would complete the circuit and turn those lights on.  Same thing if that wire wore thru the insulation and touched metal.  Just a theory here cause I am not sure.......................MO
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2014 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: Wiper Switch Ailment

Thank you Ruth and Bob.  But the mystery I am trying to solve is why are my reverse lights coming on when the pushbutton controller is not in the car?  It would seem to me that the circuit would now be open if the back-up switch was on the controller when I removed it.  It appears instead that my aftermarket wiring harness has a direct connection from the light switch to the connector behind the left kick panel.  Perhaps whomever the vendor was left it to the installer to splice into the white wire to install the switch?  Odd...

Oh and Bob if you want that controller you are welcome to it once I find it.  I believe my Fury is past the point of a restoration back to a PB tranny.

Thank you,

Jim