Re: 1965 727 cable question help

Jimmy, did that work for you?? I and two club members found it impossible to get at that retainer and get it to release through the cable hole. We dropped the pan and had no trouble. The shift cable retainer is pretty easy to release through the plug on the bottom of the tranny, but either way requires the pan to be drained and dropped. Like someone said: don't cut those cables unless ya have to. Replacements are available, and they're very good but they ain't cheap!!

BC