I did not make it very clear.

I took the complete differential from a 65 and put it in my 63 just like many others have done.  All I did was clean it up, install new axle bearings, axle seals and pinion seal.  No problem with springs, drive shaft or tires.

At some point I would like to rebuild my original 63 differential, I don't have a problem with tapered axles but I would need to find new axles as the spline on mine are bad.

On Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:55:50 AM UTC-7, FuryUs63 wrote:
Dennis,

Are you saying you took the flanged axles out of the housing from a '65 Coronet, then took the tapered axles out of housing of a '63 Sport Fury and placed the '65 axles into the '63 housing? Or did you swap the whole housing from the '65 and put it into the '63. The original question was swapping axles from '65 and later flanged units into pre '65 tapered units.

Your Question: I'll send you a PM.

Nick T.

From: "Dennis C." <denni...@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962to1965mopars" <1962to19...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Hamel G., 62to65mopar" <62to6...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:59:39 PM
Subject: Re: Mopar Tapoered Axle Brake Coversion Link

OK,

I am the third that says it can be done - I did it - just a bolt in swap.

1965 Coronet from a station wagon into my 1963 Plymouth Sport Fury with a 383 and Borg Warner 4-speed.

All I did was clean it up, new bearings and seals, checked the internals and bolted it in.  I had intentions of changing the 3rd member to limited slip and a 3.23 ratio but that was several years ago and found that I like the 2.93 open for the highway.  As far as I can recall I swapped the parking brake cables, they were different length,  used the ones from my original unit.

I do have a question -

My original unit needs is a 3.23 limited slip but it was ran without fluid, probably for a long time before I got the car.  I would rebuild it but I have not found a source for tapered axles, do any of you know if they can be bought new or a source for good used ones?

Thanks
Dennis C.

Everything lines up.  Maybe if I had different tires and rims I may have and a problem but it worked for me.