Re: 64 Dodge Brutus project rreport

 Ollie, word is--if the dragstrip-motorsports complex does not make money this year, it will be torn up and return to farmland. BOOOOOOO
  If that happens, I live just about 1 mile through the country to our legendary street racing quarter mile!!..............MO

On Friday, September 5, 2014 8:43:55 PM UTC-5, ollie patterson wrote:
Totally AWESOME !!
Me and Teresa will have to come visit ya next summer. See what you can do next to the Rambler.
Ollie

From: MO
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 12:15 PM
Subject: 64 Dodge Brutus project rreport

  While waiting for small claims court , I have done a few things as cooler weather allows. Got the pesky tranny leak fixed.. It was the neutral or bick-up switch. Not leaking around the threads, but thru the wiring connection.  Then on to figuring where the fan -etc.  belts go to line up the power steering pump. With having to remove the crank pulley, it turned into a bit of a challenge. Since I am using a later modle PS pump with the 64 steering box, that too became a problem. Figureing out what high pressure fittings I needed and making a new hose.  And then connecting two different sizes of return hose. All seems to be working well. I "THINK" with this later PS pump, there is a little better "road feel"
  Next was to get the exhaust system made and installed. I put on the old bent bumper to have an idea where the exhaust tips should be. It looks like I will need a straight bumper to finish up the tips.  Just got that done yesterday.
I will try to attach a video. . I got the sound I wanted with 2 1/2"  exhaust pipe on 68-69 Roadrunner stock ex. manifolds, going to a homemade X pipe. Then 2 1/4" tailpipes  You will notice that there are white circles on the red paint. These mark where the painter left dents, pits, runs, ripples, etc. You can't see all the places where their are circles.  He didn't even attempt to do the rocker panels underneath. and left over - spray on a lot of places that I had detailed. grrrrrrr  Now I have to do them over. .
  Oh BTW, putting on the exhaust took care of a problem I was having. Leaving from a stop with having to rev the engine. Now I can leave without giving any throttle. Also to high of a idle rpm.  Who knew??
   Here is the video link......................MO   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EUMgwy-Y4&list=UUJPx_wyPbVMaoWCA5-PaE_A