Re: CONFESSION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL

Great story's .  I've been a victim of every easy fix made impossible known to mankind.  I have a tendency to "overthink" a problem.
speaking of early influences to the Mopar addiction, even though my Dad was Mopar, the extra boost came from a cousin that had first a 58 Plymouth with a  hemi, then he had a 64 Sport Fury 383, followed by a 70 340 Duster that was just silly fast.  Another cousin got a '68 Sport Satellite with a 383 4 speed for graduation....  if that wasnt enough, my brother had a 65 Sport Fury, and his friend had (and this is the one that REALLY

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Steve Mick <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob, that brings back fond memories--the high cost of having fun! Two back in the day Mopars that really influnced me to  be a Mopar nut.  A good friend bought a 1960 Dodge 2 dr sedan, ex highway patrol car . I think it had 0 options, but it had a 413 cop engine with three on the tree. OMG that thing was fast !! I don't know what ratio rear gears it had, but as I recall it would do over 100 MPH in second gear.  Another friend bougt a cherry 66 or 67 Belvedere--equipped just as your car was. It was fast and I lusted for it. Shame , he just beat that car something horrible.  A chebby or a Ferd could never have stood up to the abuse! .. Glad you enjoyed my picture link--I need to up-date it.......................MO

{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick1964dodge.shutterfly.com/pictures/5
----- Original Message -----
From: bobvee
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: CONFESSION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL

Hello Steve, What you mentioned was my intended pun exactly. You would think that after 25 years of doing this stuff, a fella would look for the easiest repair first. I took a gander at your attached photos, they brought back fond memories of my "64" Polara 383-4Bbl-4spd, man was that car fast. I had a guy come to Amarillo from Dallas to test his against mine in a 1/4 mile, he had basically the same car except with 2 4bbl's (he lost), had a "72" Cutlass owner think he could win in a top end challenge, he weenied out after about 130.  Had to get rid of her though, was coming home from Houston and was cited for 146+, 146+ because he said his cruiser was clocked at 146 and he couldn't catch me. I kind of wish that I hadn't of stopped at that truck stop to get a coke. The judge or my dad didn't think it was funny. Lesson learned due to: Folks having to come post bail, 6 months to pay off fine, 6 months of suspended drivers license (was shortened 6 months to allow me to drive to and from work only). My girl friend wasn't to enthused about burning the rubber off of our tennis shoes to go to the show either. The next car, a 65 Sport Fury, was neat but not as peppy.