RE: Wildlife Encounters

Reminds of when we popped the hood on one of the 24 titled rigs we had to dispo from my Uncles estate early this year.  A 1998 Nissan truck that had sat for a long time.  A rabbit had made his home on top of the air cleaner.  As he darted off over the fender I backed off and said Whoa! And the sister in-law screamed!  The main pest in the rest of the vehicles - black widow spiders.....

-----Original Message-----
From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary H.
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 5:46 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Wildlife Encounters

Years ago a friend and I went to look at a 1963 Dodge B-body that had been parked outside in a field for a long time. When the hood was popped the top 1/3 of the firewall was covered by a big fire ant mound! We jumped back! For those of you lucky to live where these ants have not yet spread, they are very aggressive and their bite is quite nasty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_imported_fire_ant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FireAntBite.jpg

I guess the ants found the Dodge B-body cowl area a good place to hang out!

Gary H.