RE: Not mine 5/8

The only way to take professional looking pictures of a car is with a tripod.  I read in some mopar rag that most, if not all, pros use a tripod.  I agree with whoever it was hat wrote that.

Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 15:59:09 -0700
From: raybell46@xxxxxxxxx
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Not mine 5/8

Increasingly with internet usage I am being reminded that many people cannot take a photo anyway. I think I might have a rave here!

A few years ago I was writing stories for a Classic Car magazine, I was photographing them with a 3MP Olympus C725 Ultra-Zoom camera, no DSLR or anything. It did have a very good lens and that might well have been its saving grace.

Whenever I did a story on a car that was that month's feature I had to get a shot good enough for a centrespread, the 3MP camera could do that but you had to get everything right. Eventually I bought a 6MP camera, the SP500, still not a DSLR. It made it so much easier to get those centrespread shots, it was more than anyone needed.

Today people buy cameras to take their holiday snaps or to get shots of their kids as they're growing up and are told they can't get away with anything under 12MP!

Then, as I mentioned, the internet has shown something...

No matter how good the camera is (and bear in mind, no phone is a decent camera!), people can't aim them. You frequently see photos where there's a side-on shot of a car, there's maybe 10' of scenery in front of the car and the last foot of the car, the tail lights and back bumper, haven't got iinto the shot!

It makes you really glad that digital has taken over, it would be so much a waste of film out there!