Re: Mopar Performance electronic distributor pulsing

Re: Mopar Performance electronic distributor pulsing

Perhaps I was not as clear as I thought (compounded by the fact that dear ol' ma MOPAR wasn't always consistent)  The different types of voltage regulators I was referring to are these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-New-12V-Alternator-Voltage-Regulator-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-/331424618294?hash=item4d2a725736&vxp=mtr

Which looks like the old point-type regulators used on breaker point ignitions, but (as stated in the ad) are now solid-state.

and this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-VR-125-NEW-Voltage-Regulator-CHRYSLER-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-1969-1992-/161697759706?hash=item25a5f001da&vxp=mtr
and similar appearing units with the triangular plug connector, and including the blue MOPAR "race only" regulator.

The advantage of the first unit, if that's what your voltage regulator looks like, is that no wiring changes are needed.  The second one can be retrofitted into a car that had the first type, but wiring changes are needed.  The later regulator was used on MOPARS with "dual field" alternators. which started (I think) in 1967.

BC