Re: Electrictric Fuel Pump - Where to Mount?

Re: Electrictric Fuel Pump - Where to Mount?

I have a Carter pump on my early hemi powered 32 Ford and just like most electric pumps they are better pushers than suckers.. if you get my drift.  Sounds like your mounting position is too high.  For the pump to function optimally it needs to be mounted close and level or slightly lower than the output fitting on the tank which will allow the fuel to gravity feed to the pump. This ensures the pump will self prime when you turn the key and allows it to push the fuel better because it doesn't have to suck so hard to get the fuel out of the tank.