Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 28 updates in 4

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 28 updates in 4 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
65 Shifter Cable Adjustment
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 02:35PM -0500

When I put my 65 Coronet on the road last year and adjusted the shift cable
it seemed a bit off. Going from memory, I put the car in 1st gear, had
someone hold the shifter there, spun the adjuster ...more
Dodger7998@xxxxxxx: Mar 10 03:13PM -0500

I could be wrong, but was thinking that the 65 rooster comb was different
than previous combs

In a message dated 3/10/2016 1:36:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 02:22PM -0600

I do believe you are right Dodger. I had to find one for my trans. I do
have pictures of the difference somewhere? I'm thinking the 65 has three
fingers and the 64 has two???
On Mar 10, 2016 2:13 ...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 04:10PM -0500

They are different '65 has 5? notches and the '64 has 6?

Mine has been swapped out and is correct, along with the cable attachment.

Bill
On Mar 10, 2016 3:22 PM, "Richard Kinsley" ...more
Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 04:59PM -0600

The adjustment procedures are outlined on the 62to65 website.
Jimmy

...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 05:20PM -0600

Not all years do the adjustment the same way.

Read through the "Adjusting Transmission Shift Cables" section on this web page for various techniques:
...more
tothperformance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mar 10 06:48PM -0500

I used to adjust the one in my max wedge car by removing the trans. pan and using a small mirror you can look at the rooster comb and the detent ball and see when it is in the correct position. ...more
tothperformance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mar 10 06:53PM -0500

I think you will find the difference is in the rooster comb where it contacts the neutral starter switch the push button and the console shifters are different.

----- Original Message ----- ...more
Back to top
Title and Vin for a 63 Dodge Dart Gt. convertible
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 09 05:23PM -0800

Aloha my friends
I have a chance to buy a 63 Dart Gt vert for a very good price. Its need
some work but I think it would be a fun project. Only prob. is that the man
that has the vert cant find ...more
David Edwards <brotherskeepersusa@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 09 06:14PM -0800

Here in Wa. if the vehicle has not been registered in last four years then
you take to state patrol for VIN inspection . Does Hawaii have that?

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Christopher Kroncke ...more
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 09 04:26PM -1000

Aloha, No, not that I am aware . If plates are in storage they just issue
you new ones. If not you pay up to 3 years back weight tax. Then you Safety
check vehicle , then receive your reg. sticker ...more
John Knox <cj6cj8@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 09 10:17PM -0600

Selling a title and VIN is a federal offence.

Look to see if you can do a bonded title.
...more
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 09 06:33PM -1000

Thanks for the info, did not know. I was hoping for some legal ideas.
Mahalo C
...more
Bill Parker <hemirr@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 07:16AM -0500

In Indiana you can file a court action and present all the information to the judge, in this case probably including having the guy selling it to you testify. If the judge finds everything to be legit ...more
"Bob Faunce" <bobsbelvedere@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 08:31AM -0500

In a number of states in the northeast (maybe elsewhere) a title is not needed to register a car older than 25 years (other thresholds in other states). So, I can buy a 60’s car in Ohio, for ...more
"Paul L. http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-le" <pjlenn@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 10 08:53AM -0800

Of the states that I am familiar with here in the midwest all require a
title before the car can be registered and licensed. I recently went
through this with a 48 Plymouth. I bought it with a ...more
chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx: Mar 10 05:16PM

Just use a title service to get one. I use www.its-titles.com

Mark