Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 28 updates in 5

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 28 updates in 5 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
63 rear axle_what about on a 65 Monaco
"Jerry L Pullin Jr" <jerrypullinjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Apr 20 03:41PM -0500

Is my problem similar to yours regarding axle lengths being different on a 65 Monaco? I tried to put 275/60/15 (Mickey Thompson) 8.5 AR rims on it. I had to jack the car really high to get one side up ...more
furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx: Apr 21 12:21AM

Jerry,

No Jerry your problem is not the same. After 1964 thrust blocks became universal for both non/SG & SG units. The drum to drum width of your '65 Monaco should be 61 3/4". ...more
Back to top
63 rear axle
Gary Futrell <gary.futrell@xxxxxxxxx>: Apr 20 12:51PM -0500

I've been reading the 62-65 website and old related group threads on the
early B axles. I've removed my rear axle on my 63 Sport Fury and replaced
the rear springs. I had planned to use an A body ...more
<robertkinker@xxxxxxx>: Apr 20 07:17PM

Gary,

Find a 65 to 67 B body rear, drum to drum. These are the narrowest and you find about 1” per side difference (at least I did on my 64)

Bob Kinker

Sent from Windows Mail ...more
furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx: Apr 20 07:28PM

Gary,

This is what I did on both my '63 Fury & '63 Sport Fury. Both had 741 non/SG units. I replaced both units with 742 SG units. To do this 1/16" was removed from the end of each axle, ...more
Jay <krodskie@xxxxxxxxx>: Apr 20 08:24PM

Nick, how are you, long time no see!
Jay Rod.65 Dodge Coronet 500.