RE: 63 pushbutton spedo gear
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: 63 pushbutton spedo gear



I thought brewers had a large stash of them????  Brewers performance. 
Jason



Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5/13/2016 12:58 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 63 pushbutton spedo gear

Aloha, Someone must have one somewhere . Willing to pay more than a fair price. Hard to believe its so hard to find. Please PM if anybody wants to sell. 19 ,20 or 21 tooth gear . Mahalo from Hawaii where Mopar parts are hard to find, C

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 2:40:59 AM UTC-10, TopBanana wrote:

I was just looking for one myself and they are made of "unobtanium". I need a 20 but could only find a 19 tooth. Brewers Performance had it for ~$80. Someone else suggested that I go to the Dodge truck forums has the mid and early sixties Dodge trucks wood use the larger ears on a regular basis.

Bill M

On May 11, 2016 11:39 PM, "Christopher Kroncke" <g2c...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aloha Gary , Yes the front plastic gear is what I need . it needs to be a 21 tooth gear. Mahalo C

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 5:33:40 PM UTC-10, Gary Wilson wrote:
Is the picture that you  sent th;;e size  or type of gear that you need.  If soI willcheck my stach and see if we get lucky.

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 7:41 AM, PallCon Services <pallcon...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I bought one on eBay 2 years ago
May or may not be one for sale but expensive if you do find one


David E. Blosser


On May 11, 2016, at 10:23 AM, Melanie Pugh <mel...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Christopher,

The 21 tooth gear used with the 727 cable shift trans is as scarce as hen's teeth.

As far as I know, there is no speedometer gear for use with the cable shift 727 transmissions with more than 21 teeth.

Speedometer gears used with the 66 and later transmissions have many more teeth, are a totally different design, and are not interchangeable with the cable shift transmissions.

What rear gear ratio and rear tire size are you running?

If you are running a low rear gear ratio (high number), such as 4.56, you likely would have to install a ratio adapter between the trans and speedometer cable to reduce the rotational speed of the cable for an accurate speedometer reading. Ratio adapters, such as those manufactured by Stewart Warner, were available with about any gear reduction.

You say that your speedometer reads 15 mph faster than your actual speed. Assuming that your actual speed is 60 mph, but your speedometer says you are going 75 mph, you would need an adapter with a ratio of .800 to 1.000. And you wouldn't have to change your current speedometer gear.

Ratio adapters for use with the cable shift 727 trans are unfortunately hard to find. The ratio adapter is threaded on one end, for attachment of a non-stock cable. The other end of the adapter needs to look just like the end of your stock cable where it inserts into the trans tail shaft housing.

Attached is a photo of a Model 777 Stewart Warner ratio adapter, with a stock Chrysler orange 17 tooth speedometer gear, for use with a cable shift trans. Unfortunately, using such an adapter also requires using a speedometer cable that can be attached to the threaded end of the adapter, which means you would have to have your existing cable modified so it could be attached to the threaded end of the ratio adapter, or you would have to use a different cable.  

Jeff
<Ratio Adapter .jpg>

​ 

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christopher Kroncke <g2c...@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:11 PM
Subject: 63 pushbutton spedo gear
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to19...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>


Aloha My Friends, I am looking for some help !!! My speedometer says I'm doing 15 MPH faster than I actually going . I have a 17 tooth speedo gear and lookin for a 21 and or maybe a 26 tooth gear, Would anybody know where I can buy what I need ? Much Mahalo C

--
--
--
Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
 
1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 1962to1965mopa...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
--
Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
 
1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 1962to1965mopa...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
--
Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
 
1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 1962to1965mopa...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Gwwilson

--
--
--
Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
 
1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 1962to1965mopa...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
--
Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
 
1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 1962to1965mopars+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
--
Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
 
1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars?hl=en.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to 1962to1965mopars+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network