Re: cooling system questions, what are u guys using

Yes I did and I'll be going to a parade on Saturday in Harrison, Ne which will be about a 1000 mile round trip. It runs great but my mileage is 12 at best right now. I plan to do some more tweaking on the carb and see what it will allow. Harrison is about 3500' higher than Omaha so I can run a bit leaner up there.

On Aug 2, 2016 9:51 PM, "Gary Pavlovich" <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Rich,

Always nice to run cool; did you get the manifold sealed?
Gary P.

Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 7:08 PM
Subject: RE: cooling system questions, what are u guys using

Sounds like your have to live in Hawaii to go without antifreeze. In the past I used Purple Ice, a Milodon 180 deg flow thru t-stat, a Flow Kool water pump and an aluminum radiator. I also plugged the trans cooler in the radiator and put in a separate B&M unit.  I used 50/50 antifreeze and a can of water pump lubricant. The cap is a 16psi unit and there is an overflow system.

I still would run hot with my 264 cam and dual quads.
When I put in the 284 cam and ported heads it ran so cool that I put back in a 195 t-stat and did away with the purple ice. It still is hard to get it to 180deg with the new set up of 264 cam, poly SS-X intake and basically stock heads. It is dialed in!