Re: front suspension

Boy is it good to have connections.  bt6t4 (George) hooked me up with the ball joint socket and LeRoar (Rich) came down today and  brought it, and his best 1/2" impact wrench and we gave it a try.  Both uppers came loose easily.  What a relief!  I had loosened the nut holding the ball joint to the steering knuckle to give it a little room to move if it needed it.  I had also dosed them a couple times with a half & half mixture of ATF & acetone over the course of a week or so.

I hadn't ordered any parts as I wasn't sure of being able to get things to come apart.  I also wanted to be able to move the car around in the garage and driveway.  So I didn't remove anything today.  Rock auto has all MOOG parts so the total for uppers & lowers, tie rod ends, and upper control arm bushings, + shipping is $203.  Now Lyle if you think you could squeeze another $150 for new UCA's out of my bookkeeper, I'll let you try.  But I've got to live with her so in order to keep the eye rolls and the muttering under her breath to a minimum, I'm going to go the Rock Auto route.  Plus I do have a 5% discount to apply as well.

I do have one more question.  The lower ball joints are shown on the Rock Auto site as part of a one piece casting.  Mine are riveted into the LCA.  I'm assuming they are originals and the rivets will have to be ground off and driven out.  Rich said he didn't remember his being that way.  He was thinking the ball joint was a separate piece similar to the uppers.

Again thanks to all who offered knowledge and advice and I say again, good to have MOPAR friends.

Paul L