Re: timing

The timing chain is always what everyone says first. So I always take a picture of the alignment before I button it up. Then I have proof it's ok.

It's really not that common to screw up the timing chain. Most likely you have the dist installed wrong. That's something I mess up regularly.

And as for the gasket I just use the standard one that comes in the set with a little spray on gasket sealer. There's no pressure in that area to speak of.