Thank you guys for adding me to this group. (I'm from Brazil)
I am interested in a 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 426 CID V-8, but I have some doubts in identifying some car numbers.
Here are some information I have about the car:
- VIN #P452213723
- On the engine pad in front of the intake manifold it is stamped: V41323
- Block Casting number is 1852029-3
- Casting date is 1.14.64 found after removing the starter.
- The casting dates on the 3 parts of the transmission are:
Shift lever cover_____.1 13.
Extension housing___.12 2.
My doubts are:
The CID indicated in the motor pad, is a engine/CID 413. .....
- Was this block the same used to build 426 engine?
- Could be 1965 and older RB engines V41 323 machined and assembled on March 23, 1964 ;.... and be in a January 28, 1965 car?
- Should not be 2406730 or 2532230 the correct block casting number to Max Wedge engines?
According to an appraiser "Believed to be a matching Numbers 426 Street Wedge Four Speed".
- Is this information sufficient to determine if this is the correct engine for this car?
I am attaching images of fender tag and window sticker.
Many thanks in advance for your attention and help.