Re: Fresh air induction

I don't have a base line to compare the fresh air induction with. The main reason I have it is to simulate what was done in the mid 60's.  "Flashback" is a nostalgic mixture of what street - strip  cars was typically set up as.  My theme is " how I would have built this car back in the day".  IMO fresh ,cooler , air has GOT to help performance.  And with this hood, heat will be let out of the engine compartment.
  I hope someday to be able to see what it will actually do for 1/8 mile E.T.s  IT feels like it will do well for what it is.....................................MO

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:17:21 PM UTC-5, glpav...@xxxxxxx wrote:
MO and Steve,

What if any performance/mileage differences did your Ram Air system deliver?
Gary P.

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:53 AM
Subject: Re: Fresh air induction

Well Steve,
Do you have a performance report?
I have decided to use a Ram Air Box system going thru the radiator support. I'll have to relocate the radiator overflow can and slightly oval the right side tubing at the lead end to clear the MSD box but that will take all the sharp bends out of the air flow. I'm using 5" inlets and tubing and feel relieved having another problem solved!
Thanks for the photos. I'll post mine when complete.
Mike