Alternator

Had a dead battery the other day, charging system not doing anything seemed like from multi-meter readings.  Took my lifetime guarantee alternator to be tested - sure enough, dead as a door nail after 5 years and 3,000 miles.

Have a buddy with over 300,000 miles on his Chevy Cobalt, which in itself is an accomplishment.  Only had to replace a clutch in all that time, until a spat of 2 bad remanufactured alternators in recent weeks.

Editorial in the latest HOT ROD mag, John McGann laments on all the reman parts he has bought defective new.  One master cylinder, a power steering pump, a starter, a starter solenoid, a Subaru alternator, and 2 alternators for his C10 Chevy truck.

Makes you want to buy new, but I don’t know if there are better quality new alternators out there for our ’62-’65 Mopars......  I do see 75amp chrome units offered by Classic-Industries........  Don’t need the chrome - just a quality alternator!