The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Busy Weeked with the Fury
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

sconut1
Posted 2012-03-31 10:00 PM (#314811)
Subject: A Busy Weeked with the Fury

Elite Veteran

With the fourth day in a row of 50 degree+ temperatures here, I thought it was time to get a few odds and ends handled on the Fury. Over the winter when we had a brief thaw, I pulled my car's clock and heater control valve and send them off for service. I'm still waiting on the heater control valve's return, but decided that I should get the clock re-installed. When I sent the clock in for repair, I also ordered a bottle of paint suitable for repainting gauge needles. I also thought it was time to investigate a nasty green puddle that had formed underneath the car. I wasn't at all happy to see the puddle underneath the car as over the summer, I'd pulled the rad and had dropped it off at a radiator shop for cleaning and repairs.

Last night, I put a pressure tester on the rad and came out this morning to discover that the leak was coming from a lower rad hose connection off the waterpump that I'd neglected to tighen enough, and that I have an additional small leak from the thermostat housing. I tightened the hose clamp. The t-stat gasket will have to wait until later.

Job two was next. I pulled the cluster and pulled the temperature and fuel gauges. I refinished the needles and re-installed the gauges. I pulled the speedometer, refinished it's needle, and re-installed it. I decided that a few drops of oil on the spedometer's wick might be a good idea, so I did that too. I put the clock back in the car and re-installed the cluster. I set the clock, connected the battery, and tick-tock. I hit the key and made sure I didn't screw anthing else up while I was working on the cluster and everthing seems to work as it shoud. As I type this, I realize I forgot to hook up the speedo cable... a job for next weeked I suppose.

I thought I post a picture of the dash now that it's back in the car. I have a before shot, but it's too big to post here. I'm not that good at resizing!

This job wasn't rocket science, but it did require some patience. I took a lot of photos as I completed the work. If anyone is interested, I can do a how-to article and post it in the technical section of the fourms

Edited by sconut1 2012-03-31 10:07 PM

(PICT0132.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PICT0132.JPG (75KB - 57 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
miquelonbrad
Posted 2012-04-01 10:47 AM (#314859 - in reply to #314811)
Subject: RE: A Busy Weeked with the Fury

Expert

Hi Gord,

Wow, the Fury's cluster looks snazzy!. Now, if we can discuss the steering wheel wrap...
sconut1
Posted 2012-04-04 12:12 AM (#315245 - in reply to #314811)
Subject: Re: A Busy Weeked with the Fury

Elite Veteran

Yea, I know. That's gotta go, but I'm a bit chicken to take it off. I don't know what I'm going to find under that and a steering wheel repair job isn't in the budget right now. I blew a good part of this year's car budget on a new dashpad. It should be here in a couple of weeks. Incidently Brad, if you need to do the same for your car, I've got enough paint here to do a dozen cars! Feel free to borrow.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)