The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1955 Plymouth right hand drive part numbers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

westaus29
Posted 2015-05-01 9:24 AM (#477068)
Subject: 1955 Plymouth right hand drive part numbers

Veteran

Does anyone have a parts list with RHD part numbers? Mine only shows standard LHD numbers throughout. I need to know if RHD steering idler arm bushes are different to LHD bushes which are part no 1634 544. My RHD bushes have RH thread on outside and LH thread on inside. From pics I have seen, the bushes are same as LHD but the idler arm bends in the opposite direction so would have a differnt part no.

(55_RHDIdlerArm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 55_RHDIdlerArm.jpg (89KB - 96 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DepsilonD
Posted 2015-05-01 11:45 AM (#477072 - in reply to #477068)
Subject: Re: 1955 Plymouth right hand drive part numbers

Elite Veteran

I don't know for sure, but since one is right hand and one is left hand threads, it think the bushings would be the same, but maybe flipped. You should be ok with just replacing the bushings and I know there is a set on Ebay right now.
westaus29
Posted 2015-05-03 10:32 AM (#477240 - in reply to #477072)

Veteran

unfortunately both my bushes are identical with RH thread on outside and LH thread on inside, not sure about the ones on ebay
westaus29
Posted 2015-05-09 9:28 AM (#477806 - in reply to #477068)

Veteran

After looking at various pics on eBay I decided they all look the same as mine with RH threads on outside so have ordered a pair of bushes. Will update when I find if they fit.

I would still like to find a 55 parts manual with RHD parts in it. I have one for my 38 and it is very handy. I think I saw a manual on Amazon, will check it out. I currently have a 55-60 CD manual and it sucks as has very few pics of 55.
westaus29
Posted 2015-05-26 7:28 AM (#479427 - in reply to #477068)

Veteran

New bushes arrived today and they are correct. I also managed to order an Export Parts Manual .. from Germany, no less! Ebay has its issues but it comes in handy when you really need help.

Ive sourced some ball joint rubber boots locally so next job is to drop the steering linkages, replace the boots and idler arm bushes, and while I am at it the sump will come off to see how much sludge is in it, then refill with fresh oil and a new filter. I dont think the sump will come off with the steering linkage in place. I changed oil and filter a month ago. The old filter was buried in thick sludge so I figured it would be a good idea to go the extra mile before I put too many miles on it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)