The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OIL PRESSURE (A LACK OF IT) HELP!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

Resurrector
Posted 2007-05-14 11:25 PM (#82970)
Subject: OIL PRESSURE (A LACK OF IT) HELP!

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this: On my 58 318, I plugged the oil bypass valve in the block in order to use a spin on oil filter...now there's a lack of oil pressure at the sender hole. I have determined that that hole goes down through the back of the block and ends up where the bypass plug is, so that would likely explain the lack of oil pressure...I think... Is there a way around this, any other place on the engine I can tap into and install the oil pressure sender, or have I done something wrong here or missing something??? I didn't use the hotheads plug for Hemi's, I just built my own but it does the same thing: plugs off the small hole at the end of that oil port but allows a full flow of oil to make it's usual 90 degree turn and continue on to the filter. The strange thing is, the sender showed pressure when I first fired the engine, not now...at least not at idle. The other thing I don't get is, this should be no different then when the original bypass valve is shut. I believe the engine is getting sufficient oil flow to all the vital areas, after studying how the oil flows in the shop manual, and looking at a bare stripped block I have lying around.

Edited by 58dodgeregent 2007-05-14 11:28 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Resurrector
Posted 2007-05-15 8:05 PM (#83079 - in reply to #82970)
Subject: Re: OIL PRESSURE (A LACK OF IT) HELP!

Oh yeah and now that I've driven it I can say that the oil pressure guage never moves...no oil in the line at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)