The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

disgusted!!!!!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

ilikedodge
Posted 2007-06-04 12:18 AM (#85016)
Subject: disgusted!!!!!!!!!

Elite Veteran

i'm not sure why no one has mentioned this before but is any one else disgusted by the tulsarama forum here in forwardlook? i mean it is a freakin' nightmare and so many useless and rambling posts about everthing except the event itself! that board is out of control and i think Dave should have done something about it long ago. it should have IMO been limited to real information regarding scheduling, hotels, parking, car shows etc, and instead it turned into the biggest "me fest" ever! i am trying to get good information and have to sift thru tons of utter jibberish!!! you might say well then just don't visit the boards or, better yet just leave! well i guess that would be the easy thing to do but i thought i would just vent a little and get some feedback from other members who may or may not feel the same way as i do. i think the original intentions of the boards has been forgotten. it is now all about who knows more than the next guy about everything forwardlook, and how clever someone can insult another person or even a members car!

i guess the last 7 or so months have been an eye opener for me because everything except my love for these cars has changed. i see things differently now. i used to just come in read the posts, respond to a few and that was it. now, i "really" read the posts and now the posters intentions come thru a different way for me. i guess when crappy stuff happens to people it changes you in ways never you never thought possible. i guess i am jaded because what may seem like an innocent post now has new meaning. here is an example; recently on another sites forum, there was a seemingly innocent thread started by one fella, and responded to by several others myself included about another 58 christine on ebay. well it appeared to be a 1958 plymouth 2 door hardtop, red exterior with a white top. a very nice car with some 57 parts mixed in, but did closely resemble a christine car. well the ebay seller used the word christine in his ad description a some folks went ballistic and actually stated "It never fails to piss me off when some of us have gone the extra mile to makes ours a true clone and then somebody does something like this just to make a buck.
In my opinion it almost takes as much or more dedication to build a true clone as it does to build an original and I know it takes a bunch of blood, sweat and beer to convert a 57 to 58 clone". and others proceeded to pick this car aprt simply because it did not fall in line with what their idea of a "true christine" should be! and it was picked apart for just being someone elses car. now, would you treat a fellow member like this if he were to join one of these forums? this kind stuff goes on all the time and it drives me freakin' crazy. now the fella that posted that reply regarding the ebay christine is not a bad person, in fact he seems like a nice fella, but when i see this kinda thing now i just can't help but wonder, is it that big of a deal really???

getting back to the tulsa issue. i finally found my way around the tulas sticky to get what i needed and it looks i may not be able to make it to tulsa anyway. probably better this anyway after the folks i no doubt offended. oh well, it won't be the first time, but after the last 7 months i hope it's my last i offend. i am guilty of it in the past myself, but i see things differently and for me, i kinda like the changes. a little nice goes a long way, mike in k.c.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dukeboy
Posted 2007-06-04 12:42 AM (#85019 - in reply to #85016)
Subject: RE: disgusted!!!!!!!!!

Expert 5K+

You sound a whole lot like 57Plymouth from the P.Central site...
Personally, I can't stand this darn Tulsa thing at all!!!
All this talk about Tulsa, when you going,where you all gonna stay,etc.,but I don't let it bother me to the point of posting something negative about the "Tulsa peope", as I call them....

Look, as stated before, the 58' "Christine" called Christine may offend some, because they know he's only in it to make a buck....AND....He's using the Christine name to do it! That's why it affects different people in different ways....Were really just lookin' out for the future "Christine" owner that's bought what he or she think's is a REAL Christine.....

I personally, know that when this Tulsa thing is all over, many will not feel the same, as they will not have anything else to talk about for a while....I see lawyer's and legal problem's for the Tulsa plymouth in the future, but I'm not gonna blast everybody that doesn't think the same as me either...
I can see where your coming from, and you got to see where the other's are coming from too....
That's why were all differtent...Everybody can't think and talk alike or it would be very boring....

But, I do understand though, as long as your willin' to understand....
If someone pisses you off, then there's your chance to post on it......I do!

I got a quick question: Does this HAVE to be the only time us Forward Looker's get together?
Maybe, there could be a future club annual get together? Centrally located, as not all of us live in the midwest.......

Edited by dukeboy 2007-06-04 12:50 AM
MOPAR-TO-YA
Posted 2007-06-04 1:24 AM (#85021 - in reply to #85016)

Expert 5K+

Centrally located? You can't find a finned mopar event that could be more centrally located. And good luck trying to organize a group like us to stage one! There are people from the West and people from the East who are making great sacrifices to attend Tulsarama--a once in history event. So why would anyone want to be a naysayer about it? With any group there going to be some that rub you the wrong way--let it slide. Plymouth ain't my brand, and things may not be going exactly the way that the most important ME would have liked, but by gawd, I am going to go and have FUN! ..................................5%................
BigBlockMopar
Posted 2007-06-04 3:46 AM (#85024 - in reply to #85019)

Expert

dukeboy - 2007-06-04 12:42 AM
I got a quick question: Does this HAVE to be the only time us Forward Looker's get together?
Maybe, there could be a future club annual get together? Centrally located, as not all of us live in the midwest.......

Why don't you guys organise a yearly get-together where you bury a japcrap-car every year for instance, and after about 10-15 years you dig the oldest one up each year on.
Of course one doesn't take any preventive measurements on those cars...
safetymike77
Posted 2007-06-04 7:35 AM (#85026 - in reply to #85016)
Subject: Re: disgusted!!!!!!!!!

Expert

Mike, are you going to Tulsa??? I have a room I need to cancel that you could grab onto if you wanted...

Seriously though..... It is kind of tough to find some good info sometimes.....
57plymouth
Posted 2007-06-04 12:02 PM (#85038 - in reply to #85019)

Expert

dukeboy - 2007-06-04 12:42 AM

You sound a whole lot like 57Plymouth from the P.Central site...

Who me? I haven't posted there in a year or two. There must be a 57plymouth and a 57Plymouth.

As for me, I still work on and drive my car. Tulsa is just the big thing right now. Once it's over and done we will likely have a big blast of people working on their cars to fix the stuff that wasn't done before the trip or broke during it. I hope it will also boost people int fixing the stuff they "haven't got around to yet."
safetymike77
Posted 2007-06-04 6:31 PM (#85058 - in reply to #85016)

Expert

Good god... Don't say that.... Jinxing it man..... Everything broken on the trip will be fixable on the trip!
ilikedodge
Posted 2007-06-04 7:19 PM (#85069 - in reply to #85016)

Elite Veteran

hey dukeboy, i am 57belvedere from plymouthcentral. i bought a 1960 dodge pioneer 3 years ago and joined fl with the dodge brand in my username. i am a dodge guy since i'm 15. any way, i am primarily upset with the clutter which is the tulsa sticky here in the fl forums, and with the apparant energy one expends by getting "sick" at the mere mention of christine these days when using that word to describe something. not upset with the person really, but it seems a little "silly" to be put off by so little today. someone worked really hard to get the car in question to that stage and just because it does not meet standards that really do not exist anyway is kinda wrong. i think a person would be irresponsible to himself if he did not use the word christine in his listing if he wants to attract more lookers, especially if he or she has a red and white 57 or 58 2 door hardtop plymouth. i try to get along with others and im not saying i'm not getting along with anyone now, but still i just wanted to point this out to try and make a little difference. i know i used to offend the heck out of folks in my early days of membership here in the fl forums, but it has no real payoff! it's just not rewarding to be that way. it does nothing except garnish criticism and forces folks to think less of you.

i have an outside chance of going to tulsa if a few things fall in place just right. it won't be the end of the world for me if i don't, but i have been planning ever since i joined fl in august of 04. i have a room reserved just in case at the best western airport location. just about 8 miles from the event i think. i'll know for sure in a day or two. if i go it'll be me and my son. mike in k.c.
safetymike77
Posted 2007-06-04 7:35 PM (#85071 - in reply to #85016)

Expert

Mike, I sure hope to meet you. If not, can you be in St. Louis for the goings on there on that Monday? FL is all about friends and family, in my opinion, and you are one I sure miss quite a bit.
hemidenis
Posted 2007-06-04 8:44 PM (#85080 - in reply to #85016)

Expert

Well, this forum changed a lot in the past years, it always a group of member always tying to truly help, others answering to a post, they change the subject completely, so after 2 or 3 posts they are talking about something completely different, that may be the cause of REC room closure.

But the member that I hate more is the type that answers forums trying to sell something or a service.

Regarding to Christine, I heard a lot about it, as far as I Know I only one real movie star Christine, The OWNER CAR AND GIRLFRIEND (named Christine too) where pictured in Cars & Parts magazine.
About Tulsa, it may happened like Carlisle, they talk a lot about meeting there fun and stuff, but when you get to the tent, your estimate 250 member talking about cars, became a 3 guys that you don’t know who they are.
I am just going to be there, look the car (what’s left) take 3000 pictures and drive back to Virginia.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)