The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trim tag - 56 Dodge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Fender/VIN Tag and Broadcast Sheet DecodingMessage format

69s1
Posted 2008-12-06 8:21 PM (#154601)
Subject: Trim tag - 56 Dodge

New to Forwardlook. I am a retired CHP officer and just acquired a '56 Dodge Coronet 2dr sedan. There is strong evidence (in fact, I'm sure) that this was a former CHP unit. Indicators: aftermarket seat belt anchors, spotlight holes both right and left, radio delete, handwritten "police car" from the factory insided the heater plenun and in the door jamb, welded up holes (top l/r fender) for the whip antenna, Super 230 tag on glove box, double wheel cylinder 12 1/2 brakes on front, etc. What I need is help decoding the trim tag. It reads as follows: SCHEDULE 02 07 19 986 BODY 812 PAINT 99 TRIM 528 SP blank. I know this was original poly equipped (now has no engine or trans) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not that old to have driven one as I came on the patrol in '67 from Pasadena PD (Oldest car I drove there was a '60 Ford). I want to do this car right. thanks again, Jerry.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
d500neil
Posted 2008-12-10 8:21 PM (#155035 - in reply to #154601)
Subject: Re: Trim tag - 56 Dodge

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

Jerry, welcome aboard!

I think that we've seen your car, when its 4-sale listing was posted on our "Craigslist" message-board.

You might scroll thru that site & see if 'that' was your car being listed for sale.

From what you've provided, "812" is the Coronet V/8 2-dr sedan.

Paint "099" was not one of the standard paint-codes, and Chrysler famously labled 'special' paint and trim codes, over the
years, with "9's", so your car has some sort (PD/CHP, obviously) of special paint scheme.

TRM code "528" is the black & white scheme, that I've seen on other civilian Coro 2-dr sedans.

Your car's seller (I found it, here) sent me a rendition of your car's Paint/Trim plate, but he indicated that its "Scheduled"
build date may have been 2/17/56, rather than the 02/07/56 that you have shown, above,

Your best bet is to go buy a copy of your car's IBM Build Card; the Historical Society's mailing/payment info is shown
on a Sticky-message, at the top of this message board; that document may well confirm the Special-Ordering &
PD/CHP equipment on your car.

The "Super 230" probably refers to the 315 c.i. Poly motor, with a 4-bbl carb which was rated @ 230HP.

There was, also, a 315 c.i. Hemi engine in 1956, with the 4-bbl rated, @ 260 HP.

Hope this helps, & gets you excited about getting a copy of your sweet car's IBM "Birth Certificate/Pedigree" !!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)