The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crankcase ventilation smoke
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

Windsor Wendy
Posted 2012-07-16 5:21 PM (#330164 - in reply to #328116)
Subject: Re: Crankcase ventilation smoke

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for that Hank, I know what you're saying...
In the motorcycle world we squeeze 158 horses out of 600 CC's on a streetbike, dragracing we're talking 1300+ horses out of 1.3 liters.
Over 1HP per cc! Kind of dwarfes 2000+ horses out of a 454 (7440 cc's)...
So I think I kind of know how things work...

My point was that all of this complexity is way besides the point and most people will get dizzy trying to read and make sense of it.
The point was working with what we have and would a PCV system be of added value...

Remains the fact that it's NOT and basically anything that dilutes the mixture with rubbish is evil.
As proven by the last line in your last post...
Unless one wants to take the disadvantages to overcome others, like for instance Kenny in his desert driving conditions where indeed the use of such a device would be benificial...

Kenny, there were two posts in this thread from people wanting to buy these from you. (Desert sand clogged up your reading glasses too? Smiley...)
You didn't tell them you're not selling and I didn't want any of them to be discouraged from doing so by my comments, hence the statement. But if you prefer I can refrain from showing decent manners....
If I wanted one of these for myself, I'll make the complete bloody thing myself from scratch without having to ask a friend for help...

I've said all I'm going to say on this PCV subject and like I said before, each to his own...

Edited by Windsor Wendy 2012-07-16 5:40 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kenny J.
Posted 2012-07-16 8:33 PM (#330196 - in reply to #330164)

Inactive by user's request

Windsor Wendy - 2012-07-16 2:21 PM

If I wanted one of these for myself, I'll make the complete bloody thing myself from scratch without having to ask a friend for help...

You apparently possess the skills I don't have to machine a spacer with the proper size grooves, etc. to provide this function. I'm happy that you do. But I am taking your comment as a both a barb and an insult, implying I am taking advantage of a friend who can provide something for me which I am willing to admit I cannot do myself.

You have been added to my "ignore" list.

Thank you for reminding me as to why I have abandoned this group of arrogant cyber-bullies.

K.
60 dart
Posted 2012-07-17 12:42 AM (#330224 - in reply to #328116)

Expert 5K+

a little harsh , don't you think wendy ?
flattie45
Posted 2012-07-17 3:00 AM (#330232 - in reply to #328116)

Veteran

That does seem to be a bit of an over reaction from KennyJ. Wendy has convinced me with his argument about keeping the intake mixture contaminant free, so I don't want one of Kenny's kits anymore. Not that he's offering them.
Windsor Wendy
Posted 2012-07-17 5:28 AM (#330235 - in reply to #328116)

Extreme Veteran

How's that harsh Chuck? There's even a smiley in there somewhere!

Making me look like someone who's begging for a simple spacer with a hole in the side is an insult to ME, when I was only trying to do right by Kenny in the first place!

Can I help it if he can't/doesn't read posts directed to him or doesn't have the common decency to reply to the people who WERE asking for these?
And stating that I wouldn't need help to fabricate this part is in no way an insult to others who don't have these skills and I fail to see how it would imply that Kenny would be taking advantage of someone who does...
I make parts for friends and valued people all the time, that makes them no less to me in any way, nor do I feel as if they're taking advantage of me...

Too bad he takes it as an insult, pretty plain forward for anyone to see that I was being very polite with regards to his parts, his possible customers and his point of view!
To be honest I was expecting a bit of respect back for the compliments I made him (which I now regret!), eventhough I'm not in favor of the PCV system!

If he wants to be a cry baby, that's his choice and the fact that you feel that you have to jump to his aid kind of confirms that opinion...
Sad is the appropriate word I think and being on his ignore list doesn't seem like a loss to me...

No disrespect meant at all to you, Kenny or others involved in this discussion but never afraid to speak my mind when called for either!
I think I already do plenty of biting my tongue as it is...

So once again, each to his own and Kenny to his...

Erik.

Edited by Windsor Wendy 2012-07-17 8:28 AM
60 dart
Posted 2012-07-17 1:55 PM (#330270 - in reply to #328116)

Expert 5K+

a pissin match aint comin but you can take this to the bank . if it were wendy , flattie , me or anyone else on the receiving end , i would have taken the
same stance . as i've said time and again , i'll not stand by while someone is berated and i don't care to which manor it is pursuant . now back to
the movie intermission is over ! -----------------------------------------------later
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)