The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Accidental Find
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2010-02-10 12:43 AM (#208853)
Subject: Accidental Find

This stuff happens less and less anymore and even though it isn't FL, it would likely be appreciated by most here.

Stopped in to talk to some friends at their store and a guy wheels through the doors in a motorized chair. My friends greet him by name and we shoot the breeze for a while. The guy had MS and he and I get into his situation with that and pretty soon it comes out he has "something to show me" across the street. We all go over there to a battered garage and in the dark recesses in back sat a rather nice 65 Belvedere convertible ... up on blocks with the engine out after a top end fuel line fire. It has been there for years and years.

Not a real favorite of mine, but a great Mopar nonetheless. Finds like this once were commonplace. I can't remember the last time I stumbled on to something this nice, this forgotten.

Put a good spin on my day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
suburban61
Posted 2010-02-10 5:34 AM (#208875 - in reply to #208853)
Subject: Re: Accidental Find

Expert

is it now in your garage?
58 DESOTOS RULE
Posted 2010-02-10 12:35 PM (#208901 - in reply to #208853)
Subject: RE: Accidental Find

Expert

When I was senior in high school (1969) a junior that was part of my circle of friends had a 1965 Plymouth 2-door convertible. That was still a pretty new car in 1969 so I doubt he bought it for himself; his parents probably bought it for him. (His dad was a successful farmer and businessman) It was a nice car and I was envious of him. Some people have all the luck.
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2010-02-10 1:40 PM (#208906 - in reply to #208901)
Subject: RE: Accidental Find

No, ... I didn't want it. I have too many distractions already. I am selling my 60's cars as it is to focus on the DeSoto and Dodge wagon. I just wrote this post to share the fun of finding something cool. It could have been an old Hudson or Packard or Studebaker truck .... it was just so cool to stumble into one of these forgotten relics like this. While anything is for sale, I think he had designs that this was going to his son-in-law. With my appreciation outweighing my interest, I just showed respect and let him show off his "prize" without giving "chase".

On a similar note, last summer I went down into Oregon and on a totally unrelated tip found a guy with a milking barn stuffed with two 56 Mercs (both stick cars), a couple post-war Nashs, and a 1 ton Studebaker pickup ! I was tempted to pester him about that truck, but decided against it. Same story .... focus on the DeSoto and finish a few projects before taking on any more !!!

Besides, some times the find is way more fun that an acquisition. Had it been a 57-58 DeSoto wagon or convertible, that would be a different matter !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)