The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

brake return springs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

Phil_the_frenchie
Posted 2011-03-02 11:55 AM (#263158)
Subject: brake return springs

Elite Veteran

After some research in my pics, i find an amazing thing on my car !!! I put the rear return springs (5 coils, same ends) on front brakes and the front springs (4 coils, unequal ends) on rear !!!!!!!!!!!!! Since 2001 !! Note that i hooked the ends in the loop of the front and rear shoes. I suppose that i coudn't hook the 5 coils in the web center hole cause lenght.

Is there a difference between 4 and 5 coils springs ? I suppose that 5 coils are stronger than 4 coils ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Resurrector
Posted 2011-04-02 12:10 AM (#266853 - in reply to #263158)
Subject: Re: brake return springs

Phil, the 5 coils should be stronger than 4 coils (?) I recently ran into a different issue with the same springs...what's the difference between hooking the spring in the center of the shoe versus on the outer loop?? It seems they work either way, but hooking the spring in the center seems to make more sense...if it's hooked to the outer edge, would it not cause the shoe to crook at an angle? My shop manual is not helpful at all on this, as it shows the spring in both places in different diagrams. Any thoughts, anyone?
Phil_the_frenchie
Posted 2011-04-02 4:33 PM (#266903 - in reply to #263158)
Subject: Re: brake return springs

Elite Veteran

I wrote wrong installations in my first message: rear springs were in the loop and front springs in the web hole (as decribed in FSM)
Yesterday i re-installed the right springs in their right locations ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)