The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

15 inch wheel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

1960d500
Posted 2010-08-17 11:55 PM (#237280)
Subject: 15 inch wheel

New User

I just bought a set of Hub caps from ebay for my 1960 Dodge Dart Phoenix they look just like the 14 inch that i have only bigger. Does anyone know what kind of rims i need to mount my 15 inch hub caps on my 1960 Dodge I thought i could just use some Cordoba wheels but the mounting tabs on the hub caps seem to be to large and want to hook on the outer lip the valve stem seems to be in a different location as well. I don't think there were any 15 inch rims available in Canada for that time period. Some pictures would be nice. Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57burb
Posted 2010-08-18 10:59 AM (#237318 - in reply to #237280)
Subject: RE: 15 inch wheel

Expert

It is hard to say "for sure" but the 15" wheels that came on the '56 and earlier Mopars would probably work for you, and be the same width (5.5" or 6" wide). If not, Ford passenger car wheels from the same time period share the bolt circle, but the hole for the hub center may be different. If you are interested in running wider wheels, I suggest trying a steel wheel from an '80s/'90s Ford Ranger, they are set up with the correct offset for our RWD cars. It would just be a matter of finding a set of wheels that your hubcaps will snap onto.

If you are interested in purchasing all-new wheels that will be to your exact size specifications, I suggest contacting Jimmy McLean at www.rallyamerica.com. They will build exactly what you are looking for, and they are guaranteed to not be bent!
1960d500
Posted 2010-08-18 6:40 PM (#237357 - in reply to #237280)
Subject: Re: 15 inch wheel

New User

Thanks for that web site I will be checking the mounting tabs on the hub caps it could be possible but very unlikely that they are all bent out too far. I had a set of the spinner type and they were the same way I will try some old ford wheels to see if they will attach. Kevin
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)