The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some one buy this Plodge!
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

mstrug
Posted 2011-02-06 6:03 PM (#259885)
Subject: Some one buy this Plodge!

Expert 5K+

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/2192403353.html
promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1957 DODGE CRUSADER PLYMOUTH PLODGE - $8000 (HUNTINGTON BEACH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-02-01, 3:06PM PST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1957 DODGE CRUSADER. CANADIAN MODEL. HALF PLYMOUTH / HALF DODGE FROM THE FACTORY. THIS IS A VERY RARE CAR. 89K MILES, NO RUST, DAILY DRIVER. VINTAGE CA YELLOW PLATES. BEAUTIFUL CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT. COMES WITH SOME EXTRAS.

CALLS ONLY, NO TEXT OR EMAILS WILL BE ANSWERED

$8000

714 501 0771

Edited by mstrug 2011-02-06 6:09 PM

(1957plodge.jpg)

(1957plodge2.jpg)

(1957plodge3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1957plodge.jpg (241KB - 50 downloads)
Attachments 1957plodge2.jpg (160KB - 48 downloads)
Attachments 1957plodge3.jpg (224KB - 49 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rebels-59
Posted 2011-02-06 6:09 PM (#259887 - in reply to #259885)
Subject: Re: Some one buy this Plodge!

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

I am sure that is a Members Car
55 Savoy
Posted 2011-02-07 4:55 PM (#260017 - in reply to #259885)
Subject: RE: Some one buy this Plodge!

Veteran

I truly adore that car and would like nothing more than to have it in my garage but I have given up.

It was first advertised about six weeks ago on this site for $ 4000 in the exact condition you see it there but the owner thought the engine needed a rebuild, hence the price. We emailed back and forth and agreed that I was going to buy it. Would have shaken hands if possible. This was on a friday night and everything was agreed including how it was going to be delivered, I only needed the bank info to transfer the money that he was going to get the coming monday.
Then on sunday evening I get a short email saying "sorry, I'm keeping the car myself".
Ok, I was really disapointed and kind of angry, but couldn't deny him to keep his own car. He was going to keep my email and let me know if he changed his mind.

Two weeks go by and I see the car advertised on Craigslist (actually it was a link here that made me see it). Now with a asking price of $6000... I want this car bad and send the owner an email. He explained that he had found out the engine was ok after all and that's why the price was up.
Ok, some emailing back and forth and I offer him $5250.
I'm told he is waiting for the title to arrive (he bought it on ebay some months ago for a little over $4000) and he doesn't want to take my money before he has the title in his hand. But my offer is the best he has had and he is "inclined to sell it to me". He says the title will arrive sometime that week and he will contact me as soon as it does and we'll take it from there.
So, I wait patientely for him to make contact but hear nothing. This is about three weeks ago.

Today I see the car advertised for eight grand without him as much as trying to let me know what happens.

NOW I'm angry! I had my heart set on that car, had made plans for it and even sold another car to make room.

I don't usually call people things or write stuff like this on dicussion forums, but I just had to get it off my chest.

I would rather have that car than most any other Forward Looker, but now I kinda doesn't see that happening
d500neil
Posted 2011-02-07 7:15 PM (#260049 - in reply to #259885)

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

Anders, after-when the seller gets no offers on the car, at 8-Large, he probably will contact you, about selling it
to you for your $5.250K offer.

If/when he does, you tell him that your 'price' is, now, $4.5K, and going down $500bux per week, as he needs to sell
it 'more' than you want to buy it (which IS true).

Even if you do consumate this dope-deal, you have lost a major amount of faith in this guy (who, apparently wants
NOTHING in writing...) so that you want to get the car into some 3rd Party's possession (like, with title-in-hand, standing
at a bank) when you have your bank wire transfer the funds into HIS bank.

You also could ask him to drop off the car/title at a local auto body shop, and that they are not to release the car/title to anyone
until your funds are transferred to 'his' bank.

The body shop could charge you storage on the car, for a couple-few days, to make it of interest to them to do that for you.

59CRL
Posted 2011-02-07 7:54 PM (#260057 - in reply to #260049)

Expert

This car didnt have any kind of side moldings? She is a beautiful car but looks a little plain with nothing on the sides.....
ThomasD500
Posted 2011-02-07 7:59 PM (#260058 - in reply to #259885)

Extreme Veteran

It's always possible that he DID sell it to somebody who came along and offered a little bit more (like 5750) and now THAT person has turned around to sell it for a profit (which may not happen.)
9 times out of 10, when somebody with the intention of flipping something has a cash offer that makes them a profit, they sell. Few people have the patience to wait it out for the 'big bucks' (and turn down sure things) when it's a 'flipper' type situation.
d500neil
Posted 2011-02-07 8:21 PM (#260069 - in reply to #259885)

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

Yeahbut; THIS seller doesn't want any part of the sale transaction committed to paper (or to gigabites!)

That's not a good sign.

dukeboy
Posted 2011-02-07 8:37 PM (#260070 - in reply to #260017)

Expert 5K+

55 Savoy - 2011-02-07 4:55 PM

I truly adore that car and would like nothing more than to have it in my garage but I have given up.

It was first advertised about six weeks ago on this site for $ 4000 in the exact condition you see it there but the owner thought the engine needed a rebuild, hence the price. We emailed back and forth and agreed that I was going to buy it. Would have shaken hands if possible. This was on a friday night and everything was agreed including how it was going to be delivered, I only needed the bank info to transfer the money that he was going to get the coming monday.
Then on sunday evening I get a short email saying "sorry, I'm keeping the car myself".
Ok, I was really disapointed and kind of angry, but couldn't deny him to keep his own car. He was going to keep my email and let me know if he changed his mind.

Two weeks go by and I see the car advertised on Craigslist (actually it was a link here that made me see it). Now with a asking price of $6000... I want this car bad and send the owner an email. He explained that he had found out the engine was ok after all and that's why the price was up.
Ok, some emailing back and forth and I offer him $5250.
I'm told he is waiting for the title to arrive (he bought it on ebay some months ago for a little over $4000) and he doesn't want to take my money before he has the title in his hand. But my offer is the best he has had and he is "inclined to sell it to me". He says the title will arrive sometime that week and he will contact me as soon as it does and we'll take it from there.
So, I wait patientely for him to make contact but hear nothing. This is about three weeks ago.

Today I see the car advertised for eight grand without him as much as trying to let me know what happens.

NOW I'm angry! I had my heart set on that car, had made plans for it and even sold another car to make room.

I don't usually call people things or write stuff like this on dicussion forums, but I just had to get it off my chest.

I would rather have that car than most any other Forward Looker, but now I kinda doesn't see that happening :madman:

You sir, were a victim of "Phishing" for more money...IMO, this car ain't worth more than $5K the way it sits. Plain wrapper, prolly a 6 Cyl. too? Yeah, right..
1960DesotoAdventurer
Posted 2011-02-08 9:26 AM (#260136 - in reply to #259885)

Expert

I'm sorry to hear of your problem.
If you agree on a price the seller should keep their word and sell it you for that price.
This really speaks to the sellers character.

Don't worry there is another forward look out there with your name on it,who knows you may still wind up with this one somehow.
55 Savoy
Posted 2011-02-08 1:05 PM (#260167 - in reply to #259885)

Veteran

Thanks for the kind words guys. There is no reason to feel sorry for me. I allready have my '57 Plymouth and five other vintage cars so I'm absolutely not in the market for another car. Just fell in love with this one..

And Chaney, you're right, it is a bare bones six cylinder/stick shift. Not a hot car on the market in any way, but still rare as hens teeth. Finding a Fury or 300 is peanuts compared to finding a nice unmolested '57 Crusader if that's what you want..
NorthernFins
Posted 2011-02-08 9:21 PM (#260236 - in reply to #260167)

Extreme Veteran

Hey 55 Savoy, that car looks nice, and probably is worth around $ 4-5k. If I was you, I wouldn`t send this guy money, no mather what.
Unless you are standing next to the car and next to the seller holding the title, I would stay clear of that deal!

Marty
mstrug
Posted 2011-02-10 9:45 PM (#260528 - in reply to #259885)

Expert 5K+

Yep: He wants 8G now.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2192637101.html

promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1957 dodge crusader plymouth plodge - $8000 (HB)

Date: 2011-02-01, 5:29PM PST
Reply to: see below

1957 DODGE CRUSADER. CANADIAN BASE MODEL, VERY RARE CAR. 89K MILES. DAILY DRIVER SHAPE, COMES WITH SOME EXTRA'S. $8000

714 501 0771
1960DesotoAdventurer
Posted 2011-02-13 5:23 PM (#260908 - in reply to #259885)

Expert

"posting has been deleted by author"

Do you suppose he found his buyer?
mstrug
Posted 2011-02-24 7:53 PM (#262342 - in reply to #259885)

Expert 5K+

Down to 6G

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/2227214165.html
57crusader
Posted 2011-02-27 11:09 PM (#262818 - in reply to #259885)

ok, enough of this knitting circle gossping. this is my car and i'd like to set the record straight

i bought this car because i like old cars.... specifically unusual cars. when i see a rare car, i buy it and drive for a few months, then sell it so i can have the memory of ownership. this is not my business. it's my hobby. i dont get attatched to cars. i take pride in the fact that i've had over 250 50's-60's cars in the last 20 years.

i had to have this car because it's rare... i don't think anyone on this forum can dispute that... and it's in beautiful shape. if anyone has a recent photo of any 57-58 crusader in similar conditon please post it!!!

i purchased the car sight-unseen in texas back in december. the PO claimed the car was in excellent running shape.... when i arrived in texas i to claim the car... i basically just drove it onto my trailer. after doing a quick visual of the car upon arrival i had already made up my mind i that i was going to buy the car. it's very impressive in person. despite my previous car-buying experiences, i took the sellers word that the car was mechanically in top shape. reluctantly, i didn't really test drive the car until i got it home.

after the first drive i noticed that the oil pressure light started to flicker after about 15 minutes of driving. after checking the oil level, which was ok, i then decided to tow it home and investigate. a pressure guage confirmed that the oil pressure at idle was 10 psi when warm. it was at that point i was sure the motor needed rebuilding. initially i bought the car becuase it was advertised as "turn-key." being that i'm not that "in love" with the car, i knew i had no intrest in rebuilding the motor, so i priced it sell. a norweigan chap showed some intrest in the car and we began to broker a

two weeks later, a mechanic family friend with a fresh perspective looked at it and determined that the oil pressure problem was due to dilution from gasoline. it turned out that the fuel pump was leaking fuel back into the crankcase. after an oil change and a new fuel pump the motor is in fact very solid. it has 25 psi oil pressure idling at operating temperature and 50 psi in high gear at 45 mph.

it was at this point i decided not to sell the car for the project car price (sorry ANDERS) because it was in positive running condition.... the PO had receipts for the paint job which was $6k and an insurance appraisal for $15k.

anyhow, i've driven it about 500 miles since the repairs and it's been a reliable car. i've had my fun with it and now it's time for me to move on to the next one.

i've reduced the price of the car to $5999/offers.

that's a cheap price to pay for any running/driving 1950's car much less a rare, beautiful, ready-to-go 1957 finned-mopar that is almost guaranteed to be the only one it's kind at any MOPAR meet. most folks who consider themselves mopar fans had/have no idea these "plodge" cars were even produced much less even seen one in person.

for those of you that think that $5-6k is way too much for this car on it's best day... i'm sorry. perhaps someday with some wishfull thinking you'll come accross something much better for less.

anyhow, i just bought a new project... so i aim to be more aggresive advertising the car at this price.

if you think this car is for you come check it out, make me a offer and it'll be yours.

my number is on the CL ad.

57crusader
Posted 2011-02-28 2:21 PM (#262890 - in reply to #259885)

sorry i also forgot to mention.....

.... I'm still waiting for the title on this vehicle. i started the process on january 3rd of this year. typically it only takes a few weeks to obatin a title after transfer of ownership but becuase i put in the application for use of the 1956 vintage YOM plates at the same time, it's taken longer. they (DMV) said becuase of the backlog in the YOM program it could take up to 60 days to finsh the process. the car is currently registered in my name with an offical CA registration card so to sell the car to another california resident would not be a problem... i live a mile from a AAA office where transfer ownership can be completed on location and i'm requiring that a visit to the AAA would be part of the transaction. the sale would be finalized at that point.

interested buyers that are not residents of california (or the US for that matter) will have to wait until i obtain the title to secure the car.

the car would have been sold already if i was in possession of the title as i've had few out of state residents ready to commit to purchasing the car.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)