The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air Cleaner ID
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

D. O. Davis
Posted 2004-01-30 9:29 AM (#509)
Subject: Air Cleaner ID

I have a two-barrel air cleaner that I thought was off a 1957 Dodge with the 325 poly. Yesterday, while inspecting it, I noticed that it mounts differently then the one on my 57 Coronet. Whereas the one on my Coronet has a bracket from the valve cover to studs on the sides of the air cleaner, my spare has a single stud on the bottom of the air cleaner lid with no studs on the side of the main body. Otherwise, they look the same. Does anyone know what the application for my spare is?

Dave Davis
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kelly
Posted 2004-01-31 3:16 AM (#551 - in reply to #509)
Subject: RE: Air Cleaner ID

Veteran

I would be willing to bet the farm that it is for the 'get-away' six engine. Kelly
57desoto
Posted 2004-02-15 9:41 PM (#1387 - in reply to #509)
Subject: RE: Air Cleaner ID

Expert

I don't know for sure in your case, but I have seen CORRECT air cleaners for 1957 DeSotos in both patterns. My Firedome has the threaded holes in the ends of the oval air cleaner to set into standoffs from the valve cover spark plug covers. A friend has an original air cleaner for his Firedome with a single hole underneath like one of yours. Both are correct. Must have been a mid-year change or something.

Ed
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)