The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Parts sources
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

carjock
Posted 2011-08-12 3:38 PM (#284431)
Subject: Parts sources

Account Inactive by Request

I'm getting confused. It seems there are several sources for brake parts for my '57 New Yorker (Atlas, Rock Auto, Napa, etc), but it is really tuff to do a comparison of the quality and value of the parts (wheel cylinders, hoses, master cyl, etc). And prices seem to range all over the map. I also cannot find a source for a new fuel pump or rebuilding of mine (same with carb). I haven't personally been searching for such parts/services for a long time, so I'm sure I'm just not very "informed". Do any of you have suggestions on where to go for these parts and services and any to stay away from? If a part says Raybestos, for instance, does that mean its good ole' American stock or is it Chinese built replacement stock? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rbmain
Posted 2011-08-12 5:28 PM (#284442 - in reply to #284431)
Subject: Re: Parts sources

stay away from Atlas
jsrail
Posted 2011-08-30 1:32 PM (#286787 - in reply to #284442)
Subject: Re: Parts sources

Expert

I agree with rbmain, though I did buy a oil line to gauge from them.  but mine was rotted and no one else had any, so I waited 2 years for them to have more and their price went way down.

I bought a fuel pump rebuild kit from "Then and Now" http://dragsite.tripod.com/then_and_now_automotive.htm  ) and they also have some pumps for sale I think. I believe I paid something like $40 for mine, which when you add the $37 I paid for it, it was cheaper than most guys are selling '56 Dodge fuel pumps for.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)