The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saving messages from this board
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Announcements -> Help With Using This BoardMessage format

1956DeS
Posted 2011-12-15 7:47 PM (#299861)
Subject: Saving messages from this board

Elite Veteran

I'm asking if it is allowable to save posts from the users on this message board. If someone asks how to repair their widget and gets good responses, can another user save these responses for future reference?
Could this saved information be redistributed to other hobbiests?

Reason for asking: I'm thinking of starting a small wiki focusing on one particular year and model that would include technical information as well as information on parts, installing parts, fixing parts, obtaining parts and on and on. The information would be made free and public and would be publicly editable. A wiki. The information would be obtained from web sources such as The Forwardlook.

If that idea is too controversial, maybe including links to messages from this and other boards in place of quotes.

Right now, all I have is an idea that may or may not go anywhere and I'd like to hear what anyone else has to say about it.

Thanks kindly.

BG

Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigBlockMopar
Posted 2011-12-16 6:20 AM (#299904 - in reply to #299861)
Subject: Re: Saving messages from this board

Expert

One thing about posting links to other sites and forum-topics in particular, is that they might get dated easily, and the links can also break fairly quickly when there's a forum-crash or big upgrade.
In time you will end up with a website that contains a number of broken links, which unless checked regularly, brings down your site aswell in quality.
Therefore I would be inclined to copy the text posted in such a topic/site and still provide a note or link back to the source where the info was found.
1956DeS
Posted 2011-12-16 7:50 AM (#299912 - in reply to #299861)
Subject: Re: Saving messages from this board

Elite Veteran

Thanks for the reply. I have just now begun a wiki for the 1956 DeSoto. It is blank at the moment so I'll share the link later on. Entries will site author and source when possible. I'll attempt to make it generic also. The free wiki site is called wikispaces.com and I hope others here will start a similar project so ideas can be shared.
Thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)