The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The reason for FWD LOOK-??
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Forward Look Announcements -> Help With Using This BoardMessage format

brat1974
Posted 2012-06-21 11:07 PM (#326578)
Subject: The reason for FWD LOOK-??

Hello. I have posted on "the other site" a few times within the last few years. I just got back on recenly in a more serious search for a 58 Plymouth. I got an email from one of the moderators tonight- I am honestly appalled, and want someone to tell me I am wrong if I am. I thought the purpose of these sites was to help like minded people out in the search of cars and parts and when we have questions about our cars and things they are doing or not doing or where to get something we need for the cars we love. I may be wrong...im just a woman so I guess I could be.

Here is what I was told- and apparently this person is a member of this site as well....

This was sent to me in a Pm (to which he blocked me from responding so I responded in a forum).

This is getting old. You have been looking for a "Christine" for years now, on several site's besides this one. I personally have helped you in the past with car's as Johnny G and other's have only to know you did not purchase any of the car's. This is the 3rd Thread you have started looking to purchase a "Christine" and I would ask you do not start anymore regarding this subject.

I have nothing personal against you or your husband however I really do not like Folk's joining the Forum just to find car's or parts. This is to make friend's and meet new Fan's and mingle a bit prior to any "Wanting".

If you are ruly looking to purchase a car, great, if you are tire kicking/window shopping please do not ask Member's to go out of their way and waist their time.

I wish you luck.

IS this how you all feel? PLease let me know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
60 dart
Posted 2012-06-22 12:00 AM (#326584 - in reply to #326578)
Subject: Re: The reason for FWD LOOK-??

Expert 5K+

IF IT WERE ME I'D LET EVERYONE KNOW WHO IT IS ! i just love it when a nose in the air type wields the power of a keyboard in authority ! ----------------------------------------------------------later
57plymouth
Posted 2012-06-22 8:07 AM (#326621 - in reply to #326578)

Expert

He left the same response in the threads you opened looking for a car. It's not a secret who said it. But it IS a personal beef that belongs in the Nether Region.

Personally, I hate what the Christine clones have done to the FL hobby. Every FL car is compared to that movie, even if it isn't a Plymouth. But if you are looking for a car you will not find a better place than this site. Keep bumping up your original threads or look at the cars that are posted daily in the for sale sections. There are several new cars every single day.

Good luck!

Edited by 57plymouth 2012-06-22 8:09 AM
Rebels-59
Posted 2012-06-22 9:00 AM (#326625 - in reply to #326578)
Subject: RE: The reason for FWD LOOK-??

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

brat1974 - 2012-06-22 4:07 AM

Hello. I have posted on "the other site" a few times within the last few years. I just got back on recenly in a more serious search for a 58 Plymouth. I got an email from one of the moderators tonight- I am honestly appalled,

What "Other Site" ??
Do you mean the forwardlook mailing list.

1956DeS
Posted 2012-06-22 12:26 PM (#326647 - in reply to #326578)

Elite Veteran

You can put the rude, irreverent, profane posters on your "ignore" list but you'll find it fills up pretty fast
Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-22 4:00 PM (#326686 - in reply to #326578)

Extreme Veteran

Ok Fellas lets talk about this.......

First I am the person April is referring to as I am an Admin on the CCC of which she opened several account's to ONLY post her wanting to purchase a "Christine" for her husband. By opening multiple accounts, some of her feature's were disabled automatically however she never properly contacted a Mod or Admin to correct. Instead she posted an accusatory post at me that pissed me off. She has been looking for a Christine for years and myself and other's always tried to point her in the right direction. Folk's like Marc everyday post 57/58 Ply's for sale on several site's including the FL. IMO, to open new account's, ask for the same help on one or more sites and rarely mingle with other Member's about different thing's is not the kind of Member any site should have. Not for nothing however this was a private PM sent to her on another Forum that she decided to post here which has nothing to do with anyone here. I mean no disrespect however there are 2 sides to every story and I would appreciate Folk's knowing the ENTIRE story before adding stupid comments, or thinking anyone needs to hide behind a computer with their nose in the air because I am far from the Guy that does that Chuck. Also tired about hearing "Christine' clones ruined this site Brian. The "Christine" Member's contribute just as much to this great site as anyone. Yeah the B/S that went on here a few years back was terrible, however that nonsense is over and everyone on BOTH "Christine" club's have a mutual respect for one another with no more drama. There has been other non "Christine" nonsense that has gone on here and other Forum's as well which does happen with multiple personalities.

Once April (Brat1974) realized she made a mistake and this was a misunderstanding she decided to not only PM me an apology, she also posted it on our open Forum and here is what she wrote......
Quote:

"Im SO SORRY this has turned into this big huge misunderstanding. I never said anyone in FL said anything about you. I dont know any 58 ppl here in FL other than my husband and Johnny G....infact those are the only 58 ppl I know anywhere. I dont knowwhat this FL club you are talking about is. If there is one please let me know how to access them.

I have joined this site several times in the past and have forgotten my username/password and have just signed up again. Not trying to play games or coerse anyone out of anything but their knowledge of locating a vehicle.

If I knew of something someone was looking for and I could help them out I surely would.

Again so sorry this turned into a huge mess".

Her account was fixed and the misunderstanding worked out. I am glad she decided to join us on the CCC as a well rounded Member going foward and wish her well in her quest for a "Christine".

Respectfully,
Joe C NY

Edited by Christine'sRevenge 2012-06-22 5:41 PM
brat1974
Posted 2012-06-22 4:21 PM (#326692 - in reply to #326686)

I STILL dont know what the FL site is. Can someone tell me that? I dont discuss with other members because I have no car part knowledge. I am a woman-I do know alot about cars for a woman, but unfortunately dont know alot of car part knowledge or have anything to share about where you can locate parts. If you want to know about hair, nails or teaching kids in elementary school- Im your gal!

Im still rather PIsSED myself JOE that you are an admin and felt you could talk down to me because I had joined several times (2ce)-you not knowing a lost my username/password...dont know what you were insinuating i was trying to do to your members by joining again and posting looking for a vehicle. What is the "proper way" to go about looking for a car on these forums? Please let me know so that I KNOW.
b5rt
Posted 2012-06-22 4:28 PM (#326693 - in reply to #326578)

Expert

I'm going to jump into the fire here. I've seen the Wanted 58 posting pop up several times. It's easy for me to ignore because I'm not a Christine devotee. I can see how one could become annoyed at seeing a new post on the same subject, by the same person. I've had a couple of Wanted ads here (and got little response) and let them ride till they nearly dropped off the page, and would then bump them to the top. Didn't mean to annoy anyone, just show that it's still current.

My question is, why, after all this time haven't you been able to buy one? There's been at least a dozen show up in the last year alone. They're never what I would consider affordable if they're in even #3 condition. The sedans bring at least $20K and a true Christine restored to movie condition would have to hit $75K. Maybe more. That's the reality of what you're searching for.

Rebels-59
Posted 2012-06-22 4:53 PM (#326697 - in reply to #326692)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

brat1974 - 2012-06-22 9:21 PM

I STILL dont know what the FL site is. Can someone tell me that?.

The FL Site as it is referred to is Forwardlook.net.. It IS this Forum you are Posting on.

Welcome to FL.net

Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-22 4:59 PM (#326698 - in reply to #326578)

Extreme Veteran

The FL is short for Foward Look as its all over this site in a abbrev. way. Your pissed?? It is understood if you opened several accounts by mistake and not for the reason it appeared. I accept that however you post wanted ads all over the place although there are For Sale sections on every Forum that you can view. When a Ply comes up for sale in your price range and or your liking, you then call and make arrangements to inspect it in person. If it is as represented, a deal worked out you then purchase the car. Done. If not you move on and continue looking. Your posts are rarely to mingle and talk to other Member's about anything else. Its years of the same old Want Ads.

No one has talked down to you, every PM and post you received from me has been respectful and to the point. You making assumption's and accusing me of disabling your account really PISSED me off. Once you realized you were wrong you apologized. Great. Then you continue this drama on this Forum which has nothing to do with anyone here. As an Admin over at the CCC I should have banned you for your outburst however I fixed your account and welcomed you with open arms. We have a lot of great Women Members there and just like we all help each other there, we will help you. Good luck searching.
Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-22 5:06 PM (#326700 - in reply to #326693)

Extreme Veteran

b5rt - 2012-06-22 4:28 PM

I'm going to jump into the fire here. I've seen the Wanted 58 posting pop up several times. It's easy for me to ignore because I'm not a Christine devotee. I can see how one could become annoyed at seeing a new post on the same subject, by the same person. I've had a couple of Wanted ads here (and got little response) and let them ride till they nearly dropped off the page, and would then bump them to the top. Didn't mean to annoy anyone, just show that it's still current.

My question is, why, after all this time haven't you been able to buy one? There's been at least a dozen show up in the last year alone. They're never what I would consider affordable if they're in even #3 condition. The sedans bring at least $20K and a true Christine restored to movie condition would have to hit $75K. Maybe more. That's the reality of what you're searching for.

Thank you as this was all I was trying to say in a respectful way. These "Christine" clones are very expensive to own and or to restore.
ronbo97
Posted 2012-06-22 5:27 PM (#326707 - in reply to #326686)

Expert

Christine'sRevenge - 2012-06-22 4:00 PM Also tired about hearing "Christine' clones ruined this site Ron.

Just to clarify, that was posted by Brian, not me or anyone else on the board named Ron.

April - What you did gave the appearance that you were spamming the boards. I can see why Joe got pissed. You have an ID now. Write it down along with the password so you don't lose it.

Ron
Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-22 5:39 PM (#326712 - in reply to #326578)

Extreme Veteran

I apologize Ron, I did not mean you or anyone else however I was talking to Brian.
brat1974
Posted 2012-06-22 6:22 PM (#326718 - in reply to #326693)

Not looking for movie condition, but also not looking for a total wreck to restore either. FL- forward look....makes sense now. Living in Florida I think FL immediately means Florida...and really Im not blonde! Guess the times when I havent been looking Ive missed these cars for sale. Im willing to spend up to 40k and hoped I could find something decent in that range. I'll keep looking. Thanks for all the input.
brat1974
Posted 2012-06-22 6:23 PM (#326719 - in reply to #326707)

I definately have my password and username written down now.
58sportsuburban
Posted 2012-06-22 7:47 PM (#326736 - in reply to #326719)

Extreme Veteran

How much do you have to spend?
What are your/your husbands abilities when it comes to working on cars?
How big of a project are you willing to buy, or have someone restore for you?
I know someone with several 57/58's in various conditions ( turn key "Christine" to complete basket case restoration needs.
Let us know what your able to spend/willing to take on as a project.
b5rt
Posted 2012-06-22 7:52 PM (#326737 - in reply to #326578)

Expert

We've got some very active car searchers here! There's a few guys that go above and beyond posting cars for sale all over the U.S. and Canada. Australia and Europe too! I'd suggest you become more active in searching the For Sale and the Ebay, Craigslist postings here on a regular, even a daily basis. Also if you were checking regularly, someone might PM (personal message) you with a car for sale or a possible lead.

Your husband is a lucky guy to have a wife willing to fork over $40K for an old car.
57plymouth
Posted 2012-06-22 9:02 PM (#326744 - in reply to #326578)

Expert

I stand behind what I said about Christine. They've been a problem for FL cars like General Lee for Chargers. Lots of nice 57's a ruined to be Christine clones.

There are several 58's on this site every month. Have you looked to the ads or just posted here to complain? Get with the program and READ the ads instead of whining that you can't find a car.
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2012-06-23 7:04 AM (#326812 - in reply to #326578)

Wise Old Village Idiot

FORTY "K"!! I'll bet you can get that red '58 Belvy Convt from the 24 mph people down there in Pompano Beach! They have been trying to sell it for a couple years now! "Christine" Goes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, topless!

It, the blue one, the yeller '57 convt, and ALL the other FwdLk convts they have been trying to 'hawk,' have been discussed over and over, AND ,,,,,,,,,,,,, over, again.

The black Belvy Convt outta Coos Bay Oregon/Wash state, sold for 20 something K! It too has been 'beat-to-death' in the discussions.

There is a "Christine" Belvy sedan on ebay right now, well within your price range! What's wrong with it?

You guys NEED to run up to Carlisle in a couple of weeks! You can ratchet jaw, with more '58 Ply people, 'see' more '58's, than you can shake a chrome strip at! THERE! You can get honest/sincere opnions, from dead balls on purists, to those who would put a 350 Ch3vy motor in one, to EVERYTHING inbetween, INCLUDING the Christine bunch!

You ask the right questions, show a 'genuine' interist, ALL these '58 people will bend over backwards, to 'help' you in your search endeaver! There are some who will ' go a little distance' to 'eyeball' a vehicle that is in their area for you,,,,,,,,,,,, IF, (big "if" there) you show a genuine, SERIOUS interist! To do that,,,,,,,,. TALK IN PERSON, at the FwdLk Tent, The Gonden Fin Society, Wayne/Cooter/Joe/Bunch of others, at the celebrity, Christine Club tent/building!
alumcanTandThd
Posted 2012-06-23 7:09 AM (#326813 - in reply to #326744)

Wise Old Village Idiot

57plymouth - 2012-06-22 9:02 AM

I stand behind what I said about Christine. They've been a problem for FL cars like General Lee for Chargers. Lots of nice 57's a ruined to be Christine clones.

There are several 58's on this site every month. Have you looked to the ads or just posted here to complain? Get with the program and READ the ads instead of whining that you can't find a car.

You'd do what?! "Stand behind",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.. Well there "U-Joint", I think you left yer self wide open whoo-haw! I ain't touching it with a 10' pole!

Hey "Brat" "Guzzle Gut's" last sentence of his 'quote' explains it VERY well!
brat1974
Posted 2012-06-23 1:38 PM (#326865 - in reply to #326813)

Thanks guys. Maybe we are too picky. Dont want a convertible. Dont want a project. Something that needs a few things is fine, but really want to be able to get in it and go. Im hoping to convince him we need to drive up to Carlisle. When I AM on here I do READ the posts- I dont complain- Ive just put it out there that Im looking and can afford to pay for the right car. Someone told me to do that in the past-guess it was bad advice.
brat1974
Posted 2012-06-23 1:39 PM (#326866 - in reply to #326737)

b5rt - 2012-06-22 7:52 PM

We've got some very active car searchers here! There's a few guys that go above and beyond posting cars for sale all over the U.S. and Canada. Australia and Europe too! I'd suggest you become more active in searching the For Sale and the Ebay, Craigslist postings here on a regular, even a daily basis. Also if you were checking regularly, someone might PM (personal message) you with a car for sale or a possible lead.

Your husband is a lucky guy to have a wife willing to fork over $40K for an old car.

Thanks- I love the 58s as well and just want to see him happy.
lawrence
Posted 2012-06-23 8:45 PM (#326898 - in reply to #326866)

Expert

You should join the ICC, everyone there is treated equally like s**t.

Brain, you painted your dear ol Granny's car red and white, did you not? A car that started life coral, correct? Maybe I'm dreaming.
dukeboy
Posted 2012-06-24 12:24 AM (#326924 - in reply to #326813)

Expert 5K+

alumcanTandThd - 2012-06-23 7:09 AM

57plymouth - 2012-06-22 9:02 AM

You'd do what?! "Stand behind",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.. Well there "U-Joint", I think you left yer self wide open whoo-haw! I ain't touching it with a 10' pole!

Hey "Brat" "Guzzle Gut's" last sentence of his 'quote' explains it VERY well!

57plymouth
Posted 2012-06-24 7:32 AM (#326941 - in reply to #326898)

Expert

lawrence - 2012-06-23 8:45 PM

Brain, you painted your dear ol Granny's car red and white, did you not? A car that started life coral, correct? Maybe I'm dreaming.

It started as all white. Then it was gold, then coral. Next paint job will be blue. I regret painting it red and white.
Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-24 11:20 AM (#326961 - in reply to #326941)

Extreme Veteran

57plymouth - 2012-06-24 7:32 AM

I regret painting it red and white.

Just make's me laugh!!!!
57plymouth
Posted 2012-06-24 1:03 PM (#326972 - in reply to #326578)

Expert

I know. Worst automotive mistake I've ever made.
1960fury
Posted 2012-06-26 5:32 PM (#327238 - in reply to #326621)

Expert 5K+

57plymouth - 2012-06-22 8:07 AM

Personally, I hate what the Christine clones have done to the FL hobby.

i second that. that unbearable destruction in the movie and hordes of boring garish red/white plymouths aside that movie brought alot of people into the hobby that are actually not 50s car or mopar people. if "christine" happened to be, lets say, a 1970 camaro they would drive a chevy now. maybe not all but i know a few
Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-26 9:05 PM (#327258 - in reply to #327238)

Extreme Veteran

1960fury - 2012-06-26 5:32 PM

57plymouth - 2012-06-22 8:07 AM

Personally, I hate what the Christine clones have done to the FL hobby.

i second that. that unbearable destruction in the movie and hordes of boring garish red/white plymouths aside that movie brought alot of people into the hobby that are actually not 50s car or mopar people. if "christine" happened to be, lets say, a 1970 camaro they would drive a chevy now. maybe not all but i know a few :)

Maybe you 2 Guy's would like some "Whine with your Cheese?". I personally own 7 Mopar's, 3- 1950's, 4- 60's Muscle car's including a 40K all original, unrestored Hemi GTX. Most Christine People are Mopar Folk's and make up for alot of Member's here.

PS, There are alot of Movie's that destroyed classic cars of every Make and Model over the year's so does that mean the People that like those particular car's are only like them because of the Movies??? Not true at all!!!!
dukeboy
Posted 2012-06-27 7:33 AM (#327285 - in reply to #327258)

Expert 5K+

Anytime your on top, you have haters. Popular cars in Films and TV will always be hated on. You can always spot these types on forums and in person at car shows. They are the ones that are drinking the "Green envy Hateraid"...Good luck in your search Brat, and have fun owning one of the most popular, if not THE most popular Foward Look car ever, "Christine".

Edited by dukeboy 2012-06-27 7:49 AM
1960fury
Posted 2012-06-27 10:05 AM (#327296 - in reply to #327258)

Expert 5K+

uh i thought i'm on your ignore list my message wasn't adressed to you but funny you responded
Christine'sRevenge
Posted 2012-06-27 11:00 AM (#327305 - in reply to #327296)

Extreme Veteran

You are on my list and I hear everything. It was addressed to me and your still a Do**e Bag.
Administrator
Posted 2012-06-27 1:25 PM (#327329 - in reply to #326578)

Elite Veteran

Okay folks, enough of the cat fight. Everybody has had their chance to chime in, but it's time to freeze the thread.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)