The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

door panels
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

plymouth
Posted 2005-02-12 6:00 PM (#24216)
Subject: door panels

Expert

hi,i am trying to put some kind of fabric over ugly 58 plymouth door panels.what kind of materials should i use to get the job done?the reason i am doing it myself is because i cant afF**d to take it somewhere and spend 600 dollars when i might could do it myself.if you have any suggestions on what fabrics ,tools,or glue i should use please let me know before i screw anything up.

thanks christian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GaryS
Posted 2005-02-14 7:55 AM (#24310 - in reply to #24216)
Subject: RE: door panels

Expert

Visit a local auto upholstery supplier and see what they have in stock. Even if you don't have a place nearby, it's worth a drive.

The place I do business with, always has closeout fabrics that are priced very low. They will have all the materials and tools you need for a do it yourself project, including adhesives, water resistant door panel board, etc. I recently re-upholstered my entire truck for less than $250 in material costs, and I did not use closeout materials.

gunzilla
Posted 2005-02-14 9:52 PM (#24342 - in reply to #24216)
Subject: RE: door panels

Regular

you can go to just about any fabric store, and get vinyl fabric to use over your panels. I recovered my motorcycle seat that way last year and it was fine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)