The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NOS parts find
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

highpockets
Posted 2013-11-18 5:24 PM (#411433)
Subject: NOS parts find

Extreme Veteran

I recently met a guy who has a building that used to be an old Mopar dealership. About a third of the building has collapsed, the other part he repaired and is using. He said there were a few old parts left scattered around, but I didn't find much of the late 50s parts like I had hoped. Did buy a NOS left front fender for 55-6 Plymouth and the front nose/header section for the mid-late 40s Dodge pickup/trucks. Also bought a bunch of chrome and stainless trim, but there was used mixed in with new with labels and wrapping mostly gone, so it will take some time to decipher all of that. In the collapsed part, there were a few bits and pieces in some drawers and bins...heater knobs from the 46-48s and some NOS headlight bezels,,,appear to be the same vintage. There were a lot of rusty old suspension, engine, clutch, brake parts laying around there, but with the building being collapsed,,that was just scrap iron. I did come home with about a pickup load, and could go back and maybe get another half load. About the only thing I noticed left were some NOS inner front fender pieces,,,again, looking to be from the mid-late 40s, and some similar looking era radiators. I was also hoping to find some signs and dealership stuff, but no luck. There were shelves of the old records and probably the films for the mechanics and salesmen to use for training. I don't know if there is any value in those or not. I am busy with other projects right now, so probably won't get sorted through these finds anytime soon, but might take some pictures of the fender and header part and list them in the for sale section here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ttotired
Posted 2013-11-18 5:55 PM (#411437 - in reply to #411433)
Subject: Re: NOS parts find

Expert 5K+

As much as I am not really into the old sales stuff, I think if you can get the films and stuff, that they would be wanted for sure.

Its all history and there is always someone thats into that stuff

59 explorer
Posted 2013-11-18 6:43 PM (#411449 - in reply to #411433)

Extreme Veteran

As Michael notes, grab whatever paper you can find from the lowest postcard, to service bulletins, sales literature, service posters or parts books. There maybe those D-500 information sheets or Adventurer posters still in the original mailers

Good luck

58coupe
Posted 2013-11-18 7:23 PM (#411462 - in reply to #411433)

Expert

I think old training films would be very interesting to see.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)