The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wisconsin Ebay Scammer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

mopark
Posted 2013-11-21 2:19 AM (#411995)
Subject: Wisconsin Ebay Scammer

Hi All, Does anyone know a David Bankes of Viroqua Wisconsin! A mopar enthusiast. His ebay tag is Dodge426pu2012. Beware of doing dealings with him, he has 100% Feedback but only because he knows how to work the 45 day " No action clause " This ebay deal was for a set of nos american racing wheels that he was supposed to personally deliver to Longbeach CA for shipping to Australia. He came up with so many believable excuses the minute the 45 days were up he can't be or won't acknowledge any contact! I have spoken to Paypal and was told that this type of scam using the 45 day clause is becoming very popular with scammers taking advantage on items being shipped out of the USA. They will not act because of the Ebay rule that you can't claim the money back from Paypal after 45 days! I told them that in all civilised countries that is someone steals from you in that 45 days they have still stolen from you, so with 100% proof why shouldn't I be compensated. Paypal said "that is the rule"! It looks like all Paypal's huff & puff about being a secure many transactor, that is only for up to 45 days then you can go whistle "Dixie"!. Does anyone here have any ideas how to be compensated? Thanks Glen.  I'm now thinking I will contact my bank as Paypal direct debited my bank account for which I have received nothing, regardless of time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
d500neil
Posted 2013-11-21 3:05 AM (#411997 - in reply to #411995)
Subject: Re: Wisconsin Ebay Scammer

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

You should be able to get recourse/reimbursement from your credit card company.

Good luck, but you should be served by your own c.c. company.

VAN HELSING
Posted 2013-11-21 6:58 AM (#412013 - in reply to #411995)
Subject: RE: Wisconsin Ebay Scammer

Elite Veteran

mopark - 2013-11-21 6:19 PM

Hi All, Does anyone know a David Bankes of Viroqua Wisconsin! A mopar enthusiast. His ebay tag is Dodge426pu2012. Beware of doing dealings with him, he has 100% Feedback but only because he knows how to work the 45 day " No action clause " This ebay deal was for a set of nos american racing wheels that he was supposed to personally deliver to Longbeach CA for shipping to Australia. He came up with so many believable excuses the minute the 45 days were up he can't be or won't acknowledge any contact! I have spoken to Paypal and was told that this type of scam using the 45 day clause is becoming very popular with scammers taking advantage on items being shipped out of the USA. They will not act because of the Ebay rule that you can't claim the money back from Paypal after 45 days! I told them that in all civilised countries that is someone steals from you in that 45 days they have still stolen from you, so with 100% proof why shouldn't I be compensated. Paypal said "that is the rule"! It looks like all Paypal's huff & puff about being a secure many transactor, that is only for up to 45 days then you can go whistle "Dixie"!. Does anyone here have any ideas how to be compensated? Thanks Glen.  I'm now thinking I will contact my bank as Paypal direct debited my bank account for which I have received nothing, regardless of time.

Glen,

If it's any help,

I bought an item from an ebay seller in the US, actually it was 4 items, they weren't cheap ( over $1000 ) . The seller sent 3 of them and promised the 4th one later.

Despite promises and a few email replies ........later never happened.......

Then I was out of the 45 day non refund period and the seller wouldn't reply to my emails to him after this 45 day time period.

I actually phoned ebay and spoke to a girl in Salt Lake city who said she could see that I had been trying to contact the seller and no response so she said she would send the seller a message from ebay itself.

Not sure how "firm " the ebay contact message was but it worked because the seller responded to me in 2 days from that phone call to ebay and the missing part arrived here in Australia in about 3 weeks via USPS.

Call them and ask them can they use their ebay "influence " to get the seller to honor his part of the deal.

I have a feeling I read somewhere that ebay was tightening this 45 day claim period to 30 days making it even harder for international buyers to make a claim in time due to shipping time involved for international items.

You can also obtain the sellers phone contact number via ebay, maybe a call to the seller himself might help, send me a PM and I'll tell you how to get his phone number via ebay.

Hope this is of some help,

Terry.
mopark
Posted 2013-11-21 4:49 PM (#412094 - in reply to #411995)
Subject: RE: Wisconsin Ebay Scammer

Terry, I have contacted Ebay, they told me to contact paypal, contacted paypal, no use been there done that !  I was in telephone and private email contact until the 45 days were up. He stopped contact, I had an Aussie mate call while in the Us, as soon as he heard his accent he hung up. I have put a private paypal request for a refund to his account, no action has been taken! I realize it is risky dealing over seas, but Ebay claims to be an international market place for all and their paypal company makes it secure. They have slowly made it very hard to buy off ebay unless you use their paypal system. I am going to hook my paypal account to a credit card only account! That will help in the future. Have you noticed they just keep changing things, I hate how it's been changed so when you try to find parts on Australia Ebay it keeps including Us and international Ebay Parts. Thanks Glen

Edited by mopark 2013-11-21 4:53 PM
hemidenis
Posted 2013-11-21 6:03 PM (#412103 - in reply to #411995)

Expert

Call your CC company, you are going to get your money back from them. You see this is maybe the reason why PayPal block international classic car transactions.

Denis
VAN HELSING
Posted 2013-11-21 6:20 PM (#412106 - in reply to #412103)

Elite Veteran

Probably your only thing to try now is contact the bank or credit card company Glen like others are saying and see if they can cancel the payment.If they say they can't help, ring the banking industry ombudsman because sometimes the banks will tell you the answer thats easiest for them to give and not the answer that's in the best interest for you .

In the meantime, keep an eye on this scumbag's ebay listings to see if he re-lists your wheels again, if he does, complain to ebay AND Paypal.

GregCon
Posted 2013-11-21 6:29 PM (#412109 - in reply to #411995)

Expert

Sorry to hear of this. I have to point out, though, that both Paypal and Ebay are founded on the principle that ethics are a distant third place to "policy" and, of course, money.
I suspect the leaders of Ebay and Paypal, when they stay in a hotel, put up iron bars around their bed so they feel more at home.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)