The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

accelerator pump
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

kcevans
Posted 2014-01-14 8:41 PM (#422114)
Subject: accelerator pump

Hi all, I have 300G long term project - Car is now together and I had it running a few weeks ago- has an anemic output at the primary nozzles- decided to rebuild carbs any thoughts on rebuild kits?

I see a lot of vendors list edelbrock p/n #1470 as replacement for accelerator pump- it is a neophene (?) plunger versus the leather type. I prefer the leather but does it hold up to today fuel? I have tried the edelbrock #1470 years ago and remember that it did not work at all - so I went back to the leather type.

Also and recommendations for higher altitude needles and jets? We are in Reno , Nevada roughly 4500 feet above sea level

I am second owner and believe these are original carbs- AFB 903S on lower casting and upper casting #1446

Thank you in advance for any thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shep
Posted 2014-01-15 3:16 PM (#422211 - in reply to #422114)
Subject: Re: accelerator pump

Expert

Any modern overhaul kit for those carbs should do it. As for jetting you could go down about one size on the main jets or up one size on the metering rods, this is all hit and miss, seat of the pants mods.
kcevans
Posted 2014-01-20 12:52 PM (#423071 - in reply to #422114)
Subject: RE: accelerator pump

Thanks - for the suggestion- after taking it all apart again- I'm on my way- FYI to anyone curious - edelbrock A/pumps may fit but be careful some applications but be careful for tight fits that can cause blockage and flooding issues
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)