The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Two bad fuel pumps?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

flyinbuttress
Posted 2014-01-22 1:39 PM (#423402)
Subject: Two bad fuel pumps?

Veteran

So I threw a new fuel pump on my 62 Newport 361 when I pulled it out of a field and got it running. My carb started overflowing so I rebuilt it and same problem. I then swapped it for one off of my very good running 57. Same result. Finally checked the pressure and it was at 23psi!! So I warrantied it out and same result. Check that pressure and it's at 17psi with three different gauges. Is there some anomally of Pascal's law I don't understand occuring or is it just Chinese pumps? The fuel is pretty dirty but other than that there nothing funky. Not even pressure when I take of the gas cap. Even left it off to see if it made a difference. I'm going to just throw an old pump on it and see what then. Thanx for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shep
Posted 2014-01-22 3:39 PM (#423427 - in reply to #423402)
Subject: Re: Two bad fuel pumps?

Expert

Make sure the pump arm length and shape are the same as your oe one.
flyinbuttress
Posted 2014-01-22 7:40 PM (#423487 - in reply to #423402)
Subject: Re: Two bad fuel pumps?

Veteran

So I popped on an old pump off an old motor I had laying around and viola! it's fixed. I'm gonna take that pump back for a refund. Both pumps looked exactly the same so it mustve been el cheapo pumps. Two lessons learned: Don't replace it unless it's bad and screw the chinese, I'm going American from now on... or Canadian. Thanx Shep
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)